Audio-Technica ATH-R70x - In-Depth Review & Impressions
Mar 16, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #873 of 2,669
Shame it took you opening a dispute to get action. How hard is it for him to reply? I sent three emails asking about cable and got no response, pre-sale. Terrible service, and he is selling a cable he has to know does not fit. It's just wrong to begin with.

I accepted my issue as the accident because I am the first person asks him to make it following my description. But if he is still selling to another persons, he is not responsible. I also ordered the digital cable from Moon Audio to replace the one I bought from him. I posted my issue here because I recommended his cable in previous post so that I am responsible for warning everyone. I stop my issue and forget him because I don't want to annoy everyone anymore.

Mar 16, 2016 at 12:17 PM Post #874 of 2,669
Sorry. I wasn't saying it was wrong to post it on here. Once you've had a good response it may have been better to carry it to an email conversation, or start a different thread at some point. Several pages of discussions on that is a bit much. Just my opinion. 

Mar 19, 2016 at 12:26 PM Post #877 of 2,669
Hey guys, would Objective2 paired with Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 (has DAC) interface do justice to ATH-R70x (will it fully drive it)? I'd use R70x for mixing and I'm on a budget. OP here said that R70x requires a more neutral amp which O2 is, although some other guys here say that R70x is better with tube amps, so I'm not really sure where is the truth here.

Mar 19, 2016 at 1:31 PM Post #878 of 2,669
The R70x is a 470ohm headphone. The o2 should be able to drive it properly. Hell even my D14 amp can drive it at high gain..
Being a high impedance headphone, of course an OTL tube amp such as my BH crack can push it even more.

All comes down to personal taste, most SS amps and selected tube amps can drive this beauty properly

Mar 20, 2016 at 10:24 AM Post #881 of 2,669
Hey guys, would Objective2 paired with Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 (has DAC) interface do justice to ATH-R70x (will it fully drive it)?

It's a matter of taste. I like the shortest, most direct signal path. I have an M-Audio ProFire 610 and a new Audient USB interface. Both are great all-in-one with great DACs and headphone amps. I prefer as few devices, connectors, cables between me and the source. The R70x (like my Sony MDR-Z7) have a warm, but clear sound (especially to folks like me who are sensitive to highs). While a tube could warm it up slightly, I don't need all of the added steps, expense and clutter. I can't think of a cleaner signal path than direct. I never have the headphone volume over 1/2 way for an extended time. Occasionally at 60-70% if I want that vibe, just a few seconds. I would think your device at 80% should drive them plenty loud. If you have to put it near 100% then it's an issue, since so many devices will have a sudden increase in noise in the last 10% of the volume knob range.

Mar 20, 2016 at 12:01 PM Post #882 of 2,669
Guys I just swapped the pre-amp/input tube of my BH crack with the Raytheon 12AU7 and HEAVEN!

The presentation, layering, tonal balance just... wow! 
beyersmile.png

Mar 23, 2016 at 8:57 AM Post #884 of 2,669
Hi,

ifi iDAC2 able to drive R70X? Or anyone has pair it up with this combo?

Thanks
Nobody

Users who are viewing this thread

Back