Audio-Technica ATH-R70x - In-Depth Review & Impressions
Dec 29, 2015 at 8:44 PM Post #691 of 2,669
  If anyone from australia is interested in a pretty much brand new pair of ath-r70x mine are up for sale. While they sound great they're just too small for my head which is a shame, i dont know why AT decided to change headphone sizes with this particular model :frowning2:

i stretched mine out and now they fit perfectly
i guess its a lil risk that you have to take

Dec 30, 2015 at 2:21 AM Post #693 of 2,669

i dont see how stretching them out will help tho, the wings are touching the headband and the earcups do not reach down far enough to properly cover my ears :frowning2:

My tips of the wings are touching the headband, but it fits nicely with enough space to maneuver up and down the ears. I guess it could be the headband being more oval shaped as compared to the AD series which are more rounded.

Dec 30, 2015 at 2:35 AM Post #694 of 2,669
  My tips of the wings are touching the headband, but it fits nicely with enough space to maneuver up and down the ears. I guess it could be the headband being more oval shaped as compared to the AD series which are more rounded.

Yeh i had their gaming headphone the ADG1 which was based on the ad700 which has a similar build and fit me with room to spare. When i first saw the r70x i thought the oval shape would be even better but it seems they reshaped it and made it smaller at the same time unfortunately.

Jan 6, 2016 at 11:23 AM Post #697 of 2,669
Got these headphones recently, love the sound and how light they are, but my ears are feeling some slight pressure against the drivers. I suspect thicker pads would solve this. I see the Brainwavz HM5 Velor Memory Foam Replacements Earpads would fit - can anyone confirm that they (or some other pads) would provide a deeper earwell than the stock pads?

Jan 6, 2016 at 7:44 PM Post #698 of 2,669
  Got these headphones recently, love the sound and how light they are, but my ears are feeling some slight pressure against the drivers. I suspect thicker pads would solve this. I see the Brainwavz HM5 Velor Memory Foam Replacements Earpads would fit - can anyone confirm that they (or some other pads) would provide a deeper earwell than the stock pads?

The Brainwavz will definitely offer more depth however, they do slightly alter the sound signature of the headphone.  Look through the posts on this thread, as myself and others have described these changes.

Jan 9, 2016 at 3:52 PM Post #700 of 2,669
My X1S has arrived and it pairs marvelously with R70X. I was afraid it might not be enough to drive my R70X due to its high 470 ohm impedance. But it can drive it quite well! I am yet to burn it in and listen to it more, but so far, I am very very satisfied with the purchase I made.

Jan 11, 2016 at 1:34 AM Post #701 of 2,669
What do you guys think about this cable? http://www.ebay.com/itm/DIY-Custom-HIFI-Audio-Earphone-Headphone-DIY-Cable-For-Audio-Technica-ATH-R70x-/252115786105
I know some of us bought this cable. Does it affect the sound quality? As long as it doesn't negatively affect the SQ, I want to get it. Stock cable is just too long.

Jan 18, 2016 at 2:03 PM Post #703 of 2,669
I'm a bit late to the party, but my R70x should be arriving tomorrow. I'm hoping for a good match with my Asgard 2. Anyone else using this pairing?

I could see it working well. 

Jan 19, 2016 at 6:43 AM Post #705 of 2,669
I know what you mean. Still very impressed with the sound stage and the natural sound reproduction. It is not the most spacious sounding headphone but it has enough to make you feel that you are in the middle of the song.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back