Audio Technica ATH-Pro700MKII owners roll call thread
Aug 17, 2012 at 1:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

I<3SQ

100+ Head-Fier
Own a pair of the above listed cans? This thread is for you! 

These cans get love for the massive bass they provide but also catch slack and have garnered a rep of being "dark" (whatever that means). So if you own a pair, post here and let's hear what you like about them, don't like, or just your general feelings on them. The goal is to have a central location for owners of said cans to exchange ideas/suggestions/help as it relates to them, and hopefully be a source of information for those maybe on the fence about these.

I guess i'm first....

I don't have these in hand yet, will have them on Monday. I bought these due to their large 53mm driver and reputation for delivering incredible bass. The fact that their M50 has been highly regarded 'round these parts didn't hurt either, my logic being that these would surely share some of the quality output of those. I plan on ordering some Beyerdynamic Gel ear cushions for them for the added comfort, seal and SQ performance benefits. Not really sure what other mods I could or should do to them but hoping other chime in and can give me some ideas. 

Aug 18, 2012 at 10:36 AM Post #2 of 6
Wow, apparently I need to stick to lurking cause most of my threads are teh fail! :frowning2:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Aug 31, 2012 at 4:21 PM Post #3 of 6
I'll help kick you off here.

I got mine in around the same time as you and also bought the Beyer Black Gel pads for them.  I absolutely love these headphones.  I also own a pair of Grado SR80i's and they are a nice contrast in sound between the two.  I enjoy the punch to the jawbone that these can deliver.  With the gel pads they become extremely comfortable even with the clamping force.  I also find that they respond fantastically to EQing if you are in the mood for a more neutral sound.

Aug 31, 2012 at 5:16 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:
I'll help kick you off here.

I got mine in around the same time as you and also bought the Beyer Black Gel pads for them.  I absolutely love these headphones.  I also own a pair of Grado SR80i's and they are a nice contrast in sound between the two.  I enjoy the punch to the jawbone that these can deliver.  With the gel pads they become extremely comfortable even with the clamping force.  I also find that they respond fantastically to EQing if you are in the mood for a more neutral sound.

Thank you! I agree, the gel pads are a must for these cans. I always thought I was an SQ guy but I have found that's not the case. While I do love good sounding mids and highs, I gotta have an extra helping of bass to go along with it so I consider myself more SQBasshead. 

Sep 17, 2012 at 9:14 AM Post #5 of 6
I suppose I may be the same.  I really like attacking bass with a good punch.  I really don't like it when all I can hear is constant reverb over-powering my mids.  These do a fantastic job at that, especially when properly driven.

Sep 17, 2012 at 12:55 PM Post #6 of 6
I had these for almost a year now. I found them for friggin $135 new!
I use the Shure SRH440 pads on these because the original ones are all cracked up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back