Audio Technica ATH-PRO700MKII (ATH-PRO700MK2ANV) (ANNIVERSARY) Review – A Monster in Disguise
Nov 7, 2012 at 11:23 PM Post #18 of 26
Quote:
What about build quality? (I'm desperately trying to find a reason to buy the ANVs, other than fashion xD) And thanks for the great review.

haha, exactly the same :p How much of a price difference have you found between ANVs and the stock version? I would say that in terms of purely objective styling it is worth around 30ish dollars more... but then their is the fact that it is limited edition..... and the fact that some people would prefer the styling more than others, and it may be more important to some.

and thanks! I hope it helps ^^, sorry about the bad pics this time, my nice camera's lens got jammed :/

Nov 9, 2012 at 7:29 PM Post #19 of 26
I've found a pair for $230.00, and the site looks legitimate, so about $70.00 more than the average cost of the normal model. The sad thing is, I'd be willing to pay the extra money just for the style, but I don't want to have to admit it to everyone when I wear them. 

And the pics were fine. :p

Nov 10, 2012 at 4:13 PM Post #20 of 26
Quote:
I've found a pair for $230.00, and the site looks legitimate, so about $70.00 more than the average cost of the normal model. The sad thing is, I'd be willing to pay the extra money just for the style, but I don't want to have to admit it to everyone when I wear them. 

And the pics were fine. :p

yeah, i'd go for it  ^^, the place that is selling them for 230$ won't be selling them long, and you'll be able to sell them for more eventually if you don't want to keep them ^^

Nov 11, 2012 at 8:27 PM Post #21 of 26
I like the way you think. On a related note, could anyone here confirm whether Buydig is a legit website? It seemed to get good customer reviews, but just the fact that they're selling the anniversaries at such a low price (Now 250) makes me question whether I can trust them on this. 

Nov 11, 2012 at 9:06 PM Post #22 of 26
Quote:
I like the way you think. On a related note, could anyone here confirm whether Buydig is a legit website? It seemed to get good customer reviews, but just the fact that they're selling the anniversaries at such a low price (Now 250) makes me question whether I can trust them on this. 

I bought the regular PRO700MK2 from buydig last year at a friggin low price of $135.  They are legit.  They don't have much, but what they do have is often cheaper than everywhere else.
Earlier I bought a Samsung SSD from newegg.com that was onsale.  Buydig had it even cheaper for regular price.
Note to self, always check buydig first.

Nov 11, 2012 at 9:21 PM Post #23 of 26
Wow, thanks for the fast response, and I'll be sure to remember that. I'm glad that the order was already placed, because buydig is now out of stock. Sadly, I won't be able to actually try these babies out until Christmas, but I'm sure they'll be well worth the wait.

Jan 17, 2013 at 11:13 AM Post #24 of 26
Call me weird, but I actually like the simplistic style of the regular mk2's. Oh well.

Anyways, I'm in the same predicament as a poster earlier. I'm buying my first good over the ear headphone and I can't decide between the m50's and the 700mk2's. I don't care about the price difference and I prefer the style of the MK2's, but sound quality is my primary concern. I like the detachable cable on the MK2's, but soundprofessionals sell the m50 with the cable mod so that's not a concern.

I plan on buying an amp (recommendations?) and I listen to all kinds of music. I don't listen to classical, but I've been so open to new genre's as I've aged that I wouldn't be surprised if I started to listen to it. As a teen I listened to mostly Hip-Hop and mainstream music. Then I really got involved with underground hip-hop and eventually became a fan of just any music in general. My whole collection is in ALAC. All I need is a good headphone to get me into this audiophile world.

Which of these two would you recommend? m50 or 700mk2's?

Jan 29, 2013 at 10:39 AM Post #26 of 26
Quote:
Call me weird, but I actually like the simplistic style of the regular mk2's. Oh well.

Anyways, I'm in the same predicament as a poster earlier. I'm buying my first good over the ear headphone and I can't decide between the m50's and the 700mk2's. I don't care about the price difference and I prefer the style of the MK2's, but sound quality is my primary concern. I like the detachable cable on the MK2's, but soundprofessionals sell the m50 with the cable mod so that's not a concern.

I plan on buying an amp (recommendations?) and I listen to all kinds of music. I don't listen to classical, but I've been so open to new genre's as I've aged that I wouldn't be surprised if I started to listen to it. As a teen I listened to mostly Hip-Hop and mainstream music. Then I really got involved with underground hip-hop and eventually became a fan of just any music in general. My whole collection is in ALAC. All I need is a good headphone to get me into this audiophile world.

Which of these two would you recommend? m50 or 700mk2's?

Honestly, they would fit similar genres, but approach them completely differently. If you prefer less fatiguing sound that leaks a lot then the M50 will probably be better. The Pro700MKII will be a lot more forward in every way, honestly for an introduction to the audiophile world I think the M50 with the detachable cable would be best. The Pro700MKII performs very well on a technical level, but I wouldn't consider it an enjoyable all arounder, especially as your only/first higher end can. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back