Audio-Technica ATH-PRO5 ??? Dj headphones.
Oct 18, 2002 at 5:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

confusedboy

New Head-Fier
I need new headphones for dj use. Mainly in a studio but also would like to be able to use them at gigs. Does anyone have any suggestion? Also has anyone used these before( Audio-Technica ATH-PRO5 )? Are they any good? Thanks

Oct 19, 2002 at 7:11 AM Post #2 of 5
nobody's gonna answer this poor boy's question?
frown.gif

i don't dj and i dun wear phones at gigs (i sing, so we usually have monitor speakers)... mebbe the reason why noone's helping u out is cuz few ppl here dj professionally?

Oct 19, 2002 at 4:30 PM Post #3 of 5
Or maybe just because nobody has heard these...

I don't DJ and I haven't heard these, but the cans usually recommended for DJing here are the Sony V6 (not the V600) and Sennheiser HD280
Followed by Sennheiser hd25sp and maybe Beyerdynamic 250-80 (not sure about this one? It's often mentioned next to the Senn HD280 but I think only the HD280 can do that DJ swivel and fold thing)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Oct 19, 2002 at 4:48 PM Post #4 of 5
actually, magicthyse seems to really like dj phones, if for nothing else but their looks...
rolleyes.gif
... but of course, he's got great ears and loves good sound too, so u mite wanna pm him for alternatives from sony, technics, etc....

Oct 19, 2002 at 5:22 PM Post #5 of 5
may I point you here:

www.geocities.com/magicthyse/spphones.html

Then click on the bit at the top where it says "If you want to know how each phone fared..."

I forgot to add it in the review, but it is possible to wear the Beyerdynamic DT250-80 single-sided quite securely.

One other thing I left out - In terms of value, the 250-80's are the worst ($170), and the V700DJ's are the best (<$100). I didn't mark for value - purely suitability for purpose - so that's something you may like to consider in your deliberations. If I were to bring value for money into the equation, the 250-80's would be bottom in all tests.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back