Audio-Technica ATH M50X
Nov 20, 2020 at 4:45 PM Post #16 of 77
Yeah not being able to change the earpads is a deal braker to me :frowning2:

EDIT: Yeah I don't think there's this The Custom One Pro version here.

EDIT²: Why do you say that the AKG is better than the ATH50x?
I had the ath50x myself for more than 2 years.Great headphone.Its just the AKG K371 is just a step up sound wise.The AKG is probably a little less expensive in Brasil as well.Both are good and available for you.

Nov 20, 2020 at 4:51 PM Post #17 of 77
I had the ath50x myself for more than 2 years.Great headphone.Its just the AKG K371 is just a step up sound wise.The AKG is probably a little less expensive in Brasil as well.Both are good and available for you.

Cool. I really wish that the Kuba Disco was available in more countries so you guys could review it.
R$ 1500,00 is pretty much the maximum I can spend, but if for some reason I can't (I'll not be buying right now, but in a few months), I'll probably buy the Kuba (a little less than half the price of the ATH50x). Because by the suggestions you guys gave, these seems like the best choice, since your suggestions are either not available in my country, are more expensive or in the case of the Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO, it has high impedance, so I'll need adicional gear right?. Or as suggested, I have this: https://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-1461022331-headset-philips-fidelio-x2hr-original-_JM
Lmao, the seller is very questionable, and also it's open back :frowning2:

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2020 at 5:11 PM Post #18 of 77
Cool. I really wish that the Kuba Disco was available in more countries so you guys could review it.
R$ 1500,00 is pretty much the maximum I can spend, but if for some reason I can't (I'll not be buying right now, but in a few months), I'll probably buy the Kuba (a little less than half the price of the ATH50x). Because by the suggestions you guys gave, these seems like the best choice, since your suggestions are either not available in my country, are more expensive or in the case of the Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO, it has high impedance, so I'll need adicional gear right?. Or as suggested, I have this: https://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-1461022331-headset-philips-fidelio-x2hr-original-_JM
Lmao, the seller is very questionable, and also it's open back :frowning2:
There is also the AKG K361 -very similar to the 371 and some people actually prefer it.Price around R$850.I suspect this thread is just to promote the Kuba anyway.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2020 at 5:19 PM Post #19 of 77
There is also the AKG K361 -very similar to the 371 and some people actually prefer it.Price around R$850.I suspect this thread is just to promote the Kuba anyway.

I'll look into the K361, but if doesn't have replaceable earpads, that's a no no.
Lmao, I'm not promoting anything. I don't have it, I don't know if it's good, how can I be possibly promoting it? :thinking:
It could be a piece of garbage, that's what I'm saying, but it's half the price, people indicate it and says it's good and stuff and that the quality is equivalent to more expensive headphones. And I don't have any clue, it's gonna be my first professional headphones anyways, I don't have much to compare too, I'll only compare to my Razer Kraken 7.1 v2. My ears are not yet trained to tell the differences.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2020 at 5:49 PM Post #20 of 77
I'll look into the K361, but if doesn't have replaceable earpads, that's a no no.
Lmao, I'm not promoting anything. I don't have it, I don't know if it's good, how can I be possibly promoting it? :thinking:
It could be a piece of garbage, that's what I'm saying, but it's half the price, people indicate it and says it's good and stuff and that the quality is equivalent to more expensive headphones. And I don't have any clue, it's gonna be my first professional headphones anyways, I don't have much to compare too, I'll only compare to my Razer Kraken 7.1 v2. My ears are not yet trained to tell the differences.
Might get a pair of the Kubas myself when I am in Brasil.Looked at the website,the only thing that looks a bit weird is the earpads.For the price I will probably get them just to check them out.Nice to see someone trying to develop headphones in Brasil.Maybe a new Meze.Don't worry too much about training your ears,just go with what you like.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2020 at 3:22 PM Post #28 of 77
yes, and I'm stating it's over-rated. I don't understand why people bring it up like it's a significant headphone. Perhaps some reviewers back in the days over-rated the headphone than what it is.

I remember MKBHD and a couple other notable tech reviewers really hyped up the quality of these many years ago. I'm sure they're not THAT bad... probably pretty good for the undiscerning even.

Nov 21, 2020 at 3:36 PM Post #30 of 77
I remember MKBHD and a couple other notable tech reviewers really hyped up the quality of these many years ago. I'm sure they're not THAT bad... probably pretty good for the undiscerning even.
MKBHD only recognizes what's already been hyped up. At the time M50 was hyped already. I've been in headfi long enough where M50 thread used to be highly active. It's a typical thing in audio. Thigs get hyped up, and then people ditch them. The product that keeps a reputation over a long period of time over the hype are the ones that are truely worthwhile.

Sad part is that the general demographic of audiophiles are ones that's easily get hyped. Have you heard of gear-cyclers? Typical audiophile.

Just because a site is for audiophile doesn't mean the general quipment talked about are really good. You still have to try to figure out what's truely worthhile due to so much fake marketting that goes on in this hobby.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back