Audio Technica ATH-M50x plug directly to Asus motherboard vs Audio Technica ATH-M50x -> Siberia v2 cable -> Asus motherboard? Will it makes any difference?
May 27, 2014 at 10:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

simaxe

New Head-Fier
Audio Technica ATH-M50x plug directly to Asus motherboard vs Audio Technica ATH-M50x -> Siberia v2 cable -> Asus motherboard? Will it makes any difference?
Please help me!

May 28, 2014 at 12:02 AM Post #2 of 4
Please help me!

What is the make and model of the Asus motherboard?
I would assume an Asus Xonar DG/DGXU3 ($28-$40) would offer just as good audio features as the Siberia V2 cable (USB sound card?)

May 28, 2014 at 12:45 AM Post #4 of 4
  Maximus VI Impact, came a discrete sound card I think!

Looks like the Maximus VI Impact comes with fairly decent on-board audio, so I'm guessing the Siberia V2 would not make a noticeable improvement.
The on-board audio hardware might even be considered better then the Siberia V2, but I'm just making my best "guess", but I'm fairly sure the on-board is better.
So delete any Siberia software and just plug the ATH-M50X straight into the motherboard's on-board audio.
Might also make sure your updated to the motherboard's latest audio software.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back