Audio Technica ATH-M50x - Bluetooth mod and iphone controls?
Oct 30, 2014 at 9:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

JRUK

New Head-Fier
Just purchased Audio Technica ATH-M50x and Antec Gain Bluetooth hands free and music streaming receiver

Looking to go bluetooth but need a short cable to go from the proprietary connector on the ATH-M50x to the bluetooth receiver. Anyone got any connections to where I could source one?

Also thinking of getting a cable with an iphone remote on it, same question again: can anyone recommend where I can source one that will fit?

Many thanks

Oct 30, 2014 at 4:06 PM Post #2 of 4
Is it possible to give the M50x an iphone remote cable, since non-AT cables don't fit the M50x?  I'm guessing that you would need to be willing to sacrifice one of the 3 cable it came with, probably whichever one you don't plan on using much.  You would have to cut of the end and do some splicing and crimping to iphone remote cable.  Doesn't sound fun.  I own the M50x as well and I personally wish that AT would release a cable with controls since so many people use the M50x for casual, non-monitoring use.

Oct 31, 2014 at 5:42 AM Post #3 of 4
The ATM-M50x has a special connector at the headphone end.  I doubt the B plug will work, unless they are planning a special version just for the ATM-M50x

Users who are viewing this thread

Back