Audio-Technica ATH-M50 vs V-MODA Crossfade LP (Please Help)
Jul 29, 2013 at 1:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Forb1dden1

New Head-Fier
I just joined this site because I need help deciding on some headphones. I am new as you can see to this whole headphone thing. My dad owns a pair of the Beats with the powered bass which are pretty sweet but I hear they are overrated and way too expensive. Also if anyone knows of other good pairs around the same price let me know. A lot of it comes down to opinion and I understand that. I just want to get a general idea about what most people prefer Right now I am interested in the Audio-Technica ATH-50 and the V-MODA Crossfade LP. I have read a bunch of reviews on both and both have a bunch of great reviews. I listen to mostly Metal, Rock, Scremo and sometimes Dubstep and Rap. I want something that had great clear crisp sound when I am listening to metal, rock, scremo ect. I also want it to have a good amount of bass for when I do listen to Dubstep and Rap. I am also very anal when it comes to comfort. So I am also looking for something that is pretty comfortable for long period use. Thanks for any help you all can give.

Jul 29, 2013 at 2:07 AM Post #2 of 3
I would suggest the LP2's  from V-Moda, I've got a pair and they're awesome for the price. The LP2 has less bass than the LP1 but it's still a very bass heavy headphone, this would be a better compromise than the LP1 mostly because heavy bass will make metal unpleasant. I also listen to Metal and EDM and the LP2 sounds great with both genres.

Some words about V-moda.... firstly the build quality is amazing they cables, the headband and the frame of the headphones are overkill as far as durability goes. I've dropped my LP2's multiple times and there's been no damage what so ever to them. The cable sheathing will fray from wear but the kevlar underneath will always protect your wires, also the 45 degree connector will fit in the narrowest of cases that you put on your phone. As far as comfort goes it's hit or miss with V-Moda headphones, some people will love the fit of the headphones others will have great difficulty.

I can't speak for the ATH-M50 but I really like my LP2's and highly recommend them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back