Audio-Technica ATH-M50 + FiiO __ =Eargasm?
Jul 18, 2012 at 12:51 AM Post #16 of 25
Quote:

Well then getting the E17 now should be or should fit into your plans then as it will work for most $250 headphones (most).

Please do adequate research on the device and make a descision :)

http://www.head-fi.org/t/587912/fiio-e17-alpen-first-impression-final-thought

Jul 18, 2012 at 1:00 AM Post #18 of 25
Quote:
Have you used E17? If so what would you recommend? Headphones that work with E17 or whatever because you said M50s wont make much difference

Yes I have.

For you I would still recommend them.

The M50's won't have super improvement as they aren't really the cleanest cans..but that was before I found out you have a $350 HP.

If you are getting headphones soon then... I might as well just say that the E17 is a good choice. You are kinda stuck in the middle. How much differene it will make will depend on if you can hear it or not and also your audio tracks and their quality you are using.

Jul 18, 2012 at 1:16 AM Post #20 of 25
Quote:
A $250 to $350 difference 

It depends on the person, but a headphone no matter how good will produce sound that can't be had as sweet without a proper DAC and amp..unless you get beats that is.
Head-Fi is more of...legit audio. The differences and how big they are differ from person to person, I can't tell you it is awesome go buy it. You have to do research and make a descision based on others (in the thread I posted) to get it or not.

If you want to read more,

Go to the thread listed above, and read pages 50-80 and 110-130 for the most info

Edit: What I mean is this quote:

Teachers open the door, but you must walk through it yourself

Jul 18, 2012 at 1:27 AM Post #22 of 25
Quote:
BEATS?!? I have heard the M50s are wayyy better except for the bass but thats it

I use that picture a lot as well.

But what Im trying to say is that with Beats, you can use whatever you want. But to truly go into audio, you are going to need a better DAC and amp, I would just recommend a destkop unit but you want an all in one device.

Read it up, I can't tell you to make the purchase or whatever. I opened the door with info on the E17 and being a good device for the price with it's capabilities, now you must walk through it with research my friend. 
beerchug.gif

Jul 18, 2012 at 1:35 AM Post #24 of 25
Quote:
Beats cost so much more though I can get M50s + E17 for the price of beats pro

Well do your research, but unless you have a change of mind, the E17 is sounding right. I am laying out facts and making sure of what you want to prevent buyers remorse. Also having you go do personal research and stuff wil reinforce this. I don't want to just tell you to get it, I wish to teach them on why, and the benefits and crowd sourced opinions here on head fi(although many are just noise)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back