Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction
Jan 8, 2014 at 12:46 PM Post #151 of 1,104
Every IEM has different sound and timbre. You can only imagine but can not know what it is really like in true life.

Jan 8, 2014 at 2:09 PM Post #154 of 1,104
Wow thanks for your impressions there :smile: The IM70's seem great.

Just gotta decide between the IM70 and the MA750. I like the sound signature of my CKN70's but I'm looking for an overall more detailed and refined upgrade on those, especially in the bass (quantity and quality) but not sure which one to go for. The CKS1000 has been in my thoughts for a while but the IM70 and MA750 are cheaper and I'm assuming both are nearly or just as good so...

Anyone who has heard both, can you help me out please?

Jan 8, 2014 at 6:06 PM Post #155 of 1,104
I have/have had 6 dual dynamic phones, and they all sound different.

As have I, but I'm speaking in general, and based on the impressions of others here. Put those together, and you get the idea if an IEM is a good match for someone.

Jan 8, 2014 at 7:34 PM Post #156 of 1,104
  where can I get HAVY B3 pro? I've decided to bite the bullet and try it out. even though the cable isn't removable, it seems pretty thick  and durable. thanks in advance guys :)

http://www.ugomark.com/taobao/view/id/36050814188

Here you go. I bought mine here, as well as another headfi'er on the discovery thread. 

Jan 9, 2014 at 3:14 AM Post #159 of 1,104

Thanks for the link. will order really soon.
 And how did you select you wanted the balanced pro version? just commented it on your order or?

It gives you a comment box. Just say that you want the Pro and not the Enhanced version. They'll send you whichever one you request, and you're welcome. 

Jan 9, 2014 at 6:01 PM Post #160 of 1,104
I had the IM70 on order, but ended up canceling last second, when KEF decided to pony up and send me a replacement M200. Since I'll be getting the M200 back, having the IM70 right now is overkill, plus the M200 is technically superior. Still...I'd love to try these one day. Maybe when they offer a color other than red?

i agree, black would be nice

Jan 10, 2014 at 4:18 PM Post #162 of 1,104
so how does this compare to Astrotec AX-7?

Jan 10, 2014 at 6:19 PM Post #163 of 1,104
These look tempting. 
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 10, 2014 at 9:03 PM Post #164 of 1,104
i just received the IM70 in the mail today and i am listening to them now... and they are not what i expected. my first impressions and thoughts were that these remind me a bit of the cmk500. I guess that's attributed to the ATH sound signature. The overall sound is a bit boomy and veiled, which is not a bad thing. The bad part i ran into is that anytime i use an EQ on my phone (HTC One with poweramp) there is a slight hum and the headphones don't like being pushed. Listening to the intro to Dave mathews - #41 there is heavy distortion and you hear a hum and a high pitch ring in the silent parts of the song. The eq setting is basically a slight bass boost which is the same eq settings i use on the GR07 BE. While Dave mathews gets ripped apart other songs like block party sounds great, but the hum and ring is still there.

Keep in mind i did reset the EQ to flat and i slowly pushed the bass and the treble up to see if it was a bad setting and i still got distorton. Has anyone else experienced this?

Setting the EQ to FLAT! This is where these bad boys excel. There is no distortion sound is great and balanced with a nice boom. The mids and vocals are slightly veiled but feel roomy. Reminds me of the sound i get with i muffle the ATH 700MKII Pro. I plan to try and break these in a bit and then see if the sound changes. If not I might return them.

Not being a fan of trebel, the IM70 needs a slight boost of trebel to get past the veil sound.

The memory foam is slightly annoying but i will get used to them overtime. I am spoiled by the cable for the GR07 BE which i feel should be the standard. The fit is OK. I get a good seal but they aren't as comfy as the GR07.

With that said... I do like them. I just need to get used to a new sound signature and see if i get ear fatigue.

Jan 10, 2014 at 9:08 PM Post #165 of 1,104
You're going to get that slight veiled perception, as I've said before, these are described as having that thick warm sound of the M200, and with that comes that slightly veiled sound, but still capable of wonderful detail, and musicality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back