Audio Technica, ATH EW9's
Apr 2, 2012 at 4:25 AM Post #17 of 20
Considering you won't be doing any strenuous activities and isolation doesn't seem to be too much of a concern, I'd say the EW9 is right up your alley. I've been using mine as portables for several months now, and the beautiful finish has stayed intact apart from some paint rubbing off on the black exterior screws. I think they will hold together just fine as long as you're keeping them in the carrying case when stowing them away. There are plenty of write-ups about how the EW9 sounds, but I just wanted to add that they are the most comfortable headphones I've worn so far.

Apr 2, 2012 at 4:38 AM Post #18 of 20
Eh, I can't believe nobody's said this yet--HD 600 for portable use???

They'll leak sound in and out. Terrible idea for portable use, even if you don't need that much isolation. Also, there's usually concerns about amping the HD 600; in general the amps that people would agree upon for this headphone don't come cheap.

Why these 2 headphones in particular? Why not something like a Senn PX-200?

Apr 2, 2012 at 11:28 AM Post #19 of 20

Quote:
Eh, I can't believe nobody's said this yet--HD 600 for portable use???

They'll leak sound in and out. Terrible idea for portable use, even if you don't need that much isolation. Also, there's usually concerns about amping the HD 600; in general the amps that people would agree upon for this headphone don't come cheap.

Why these 2 headphones in particular? Why not something like a Senn PX-200?

exactly the reason why I didn't discuss the portability of HD600... because it is only remotely portable....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back