Audio Technica ATH-ES7
Apr 2, 2013 at 5:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Hardan

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I have some questions about the ATH-ES7. How good are these phones? Are they any "fun"? I know they aren't meant to be a desktop type of headphone but I have read some comparisons against the ATH-M50(which I currently own) and they seem to be fitting the portable choice. Anyway, they are usually quite expensive here in Sweden due to the weak dollar, around 200$. But I found a place selling them for 123$(shipping included) and thought that I should go for it. It's a serious e-commerce store so it should be the real deal. 

So should I invest in them or not? 

For some reference I am currently looking for some portable alternative for my ATH-M50 'cause they are a little big. 

Thanks,
Hardan

Apr 7, 2013 at 8:47 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:
Hello,

I have some questions about the ATH-ES7. How good are these phones? Are they any "fun"? I know they aren't meant to be a desktop type of headphone but I have read some comparisons against the ATH-M50(which I currently own) and they seem to be fitting the portable choice. Anyway, they are usually quite expensive here in Sweden due to the weak dollar, around 200$. But I found a place selling them for 123$(shipping included) and thought that I should go for it. It's a serious e-commerce store so it should be the real deal. 

So should I invest in them or not? 

For some reference I am currently looking for some portable alternative for my ATH-M50 'cause they are a little big. 

Thanks,
Hardan

Hej på dej!

I can throw in my opinion since no one else has done so... There are some reviews on Head fi if you search for them, and there's also a new model released called ATH-ES700. Those who have heard both the ES7 and ES700 seem to think that the ES700 is a step up from the ES7.

About the ES7 and the M50, I've got both and overall I'd say that the ES7 has got a much more "fun" sound than the M50. The M50 is slightly more detailed and highs are slightly more harsh than on the ES7. I've also got the ES10 and those are great. The reason I've kept the ES7 is that the mids are amazing. If you listen to guitar based music, you might love the ES7.

I bought my ES7 while living in Japan, and the best place to buy them is Japan. In Sweden they cost around 1500 SEK  and in Japan they cost around 10 000 yen.

Ah! I did a search on Prisjakt while writing this, and Dustin home has lowered the price right now. Only 700 SEK! That's what they cost in Japan!
Black version
White version

I have read that there are a lot of fakes, especially on Ebay. I think that Dustin is a good web shop, so you can be confident that they've got the real thing.

Apr 8, 2013 at 12:07 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Hej på dej!

I can throw in my opinion since no one else has done so... There are some reviews on Head fi if you search for them, and there's also a new model released called ATH-ES700. Those who have heard both the ES7 and ES700 seem to think that the ES700 is a step up from the ES7.

About the ES7 and the M50, I've got both and overall I'd say that the ES7 has got a much more "fun" sound than the M50. The M50 is slightly more detailed and highs are slightly more harsh than on the ES7. I've also got the ES10 and those are great. The reason I've kept the ES7 is that the mids are amazing. If you listen to guitar based music, you might love the ES7.

I bought my ES7 while living in Japan, and the best place to buy them is Japan. In Sweden they cost around 1500 SEK  and in Japan they cost around 10 000 yen.

Ah! I did a search on Prisjakt while writing this, and Dustin home has lowered the price right now. Only 700 SEK! That's what they cost in Japan!
Black version
White version

I have read that there are a lot of fakes, especially on Ebay. I think that Dustin is a good web shop, so you can be confident that they've got the real thing.

Hallå!

Yeah I was refering to their offers. Just converted the prices to dollars. They are quite cheap so I will be picking them up during this week. Thanks for the response!

Apr 8, 2013 at 2:24 PM Post #7 of 7
Ah okay. Since you were talking about Dustin, I think that you just should slå till!

I hope you enjoy the ES7. It's a rocking set of cans!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back