Audio Technica ATH-E70, ATH-E50, ATH-E40 IEMs announced at NAMM 2016
Jul 11, 2019 at 3:44 AM Post #1,021 of 1,068
Have tried them once but that was like years ago, I do quite like it tho, my impression was it's direct, smooth, focused, a bit small soundstage, it kinda remind me of M70x (which I love and want to own).
Can't comment of Eartips tho I think it was the stock one

Jul 13, 2019 at 7:24 AM Post #1,022 of 1,068
I'm sure they need to be cleaned and wax removed to get the real sound. If I were you I'd check out this cleaner. I usually try to clean mine after every use. It's a night and day difference because wax builds up everytime you use them. Just want to make sure you get the real experience.

Will check it out!

Hi @Soggybear,

Great deal you got on used ! Hope you enjoy your E 70, I still do mine very much so...

Comply 500 are standard recommended for foams though if you use silicone, spinfits work too.
I would also recommend Periodic Audio Hydrogen Tips, either foam or Silicone work well though I prefer the latter despite being more partial to foams in general.

Hope you have a great day !

Thanks! Got the spiral dots off amazon jp. Sounds great! Will try spinfits :)

Dec 15, 2019 at 11:23 AM Post #1,027 of 1,068
@Unknown364,

I suggest purchasing from a pro audio shop then for E70, depending where you are in the world, could be as much as half price.

Honestly, subjectively & personally, still worth the extra than the CKR 100 but demo to be sure...if you can.

Dec 15, 2019 at 11:37 AM Post #1,029 of 1,068
Possibly, @Unknown364,

Take a look, depending where you are in the world, there are a few pro audio stores which may carry it for a good price, usually for pro audio rated gear, even new, the average price is 25% off what regular consumer would pay for same gear if it is available via regular consumer channels, eg dedicated headphone shop, etc

More often than not, simply walk into a pro audio shop which has the AT E Series & ask...you never know what may be on offer.

Hope you have a great day !

Dec 15, 2019 at 2:30 PM Post #1,033 of 1,068
Hello.
I have the e40 iem and want to add something to my collection.
I considered the ckr100 or the e70 what do you think? I like the audio technica house sound
Thanks
E70 is great, but I would say that E70 doesn't have ATH house sound at all.
If you can, I suggest you try listen to E70 first to see whether you like it, since it's sound very different from E40.
As for CKR100, I have not heard it myself but according to frequency response graph, it should sound pretty similar to E40 and might be a safer choice if you're looking for upgrade.

Dec 15, 2019 at 10:52 PM Post #1,035 of 1,068

Users who are viewing this thread

Back