Audio Technica ATH-E70, ATH-E50, ATH-E40 IEMs announced at NAMM 2016
Feb 27, 2017 at 5:24 AM Post #738 of 1,068
Hi. Thinking of a 3 driver BA to replace my Earsonics ES3. The problem I have with them is its subbass area, it is too much emphasized to my taste. The rest is very well balanced and detailed. Do you think that the E70 would be a good alternative?
Just for info, I own ATH-LS200 and ATH-E50 along with Ety ER4SR today so I like more neutral and monitoring sound, I like the LS200 a lot.  Can not say the same about the E50, this I will be selling out.
Thanks.

Mar 2, 2017 at 5:16 PM Post #742 of 1,068
Quick Review of my brand New E50 ( Single B.A.) Full review coming soon . *(I am not that good in depth review and all views and opinions are my own )
#No picture available as I don't know how to upload it to headfi#

Review between ATH-E50 and My old ATH-IM02 ( Dual B.A)

Quick sum-up - It beats the IM02 hands down . I was impress at what a Single B.A. can achieve. The bass is not overpowering but still providing smooth bass and also beating the bass out of IM02 . The mids on the E50 are more natural sounding and smooth to me when compared to IM02 . The highs on the E50 is less bright to my ears when compare to IM02 .
IM02 is a great sounding budget orientated IEM but when comparing it to the E50 , the E50 beats it not hands down but still it beat it using just a Single B.A . People may say that Single B.A. is not good but for this case , the E50 really outshines even a Dual B.A IEM like the IM02.

*All the opinions and views are mine own *

Gear I used :
AUDIO TECHNICA ATH IM02
AUDIO TECHNICA ATH E50

SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 4
SAMSUNG GALAXY S6
FIIO X1 GEN 1
FIIO X5 GEN 2

MUSIC I TESTED IT ON -
LOSSLESS SPOTIFY MUSIC
ALL MICHAEL JACKSON MUSIC IN FLAC
80s SYNTHPOP MUSIC IN MP3/WAV/FLAC

Comply isolation EarTips on both IEM

#Guys I know I am missing out on some extra details such as tonal balance , sound stage and imaging . I still need time to get to fully know the E50 . Just brought it yesterday, and been listening to it for 20 Hours straight.

Prices in my country for both IEM
ATH IM02 - SGD $250 (After discount)
ATH E50 - SGD $250.20 (After discount)

Mar 2, 2017 at 8:54 PM Post #743 of 1,068
Hello Guys, Which one is good For Electronic Music? I actually Satisfies with my im50 but I would like to Buy my Second ath, My Decision E series is good , But Which is Better for Elektronic House music?

Mar 3, 2017 at 12:50 AM Post #746 of 1,068
it's for me? Sorry I am newbie :) What is BA? E50 I am really interested... 

B.A is balanced armature where by the diaphragm has no net force ( aka neutral ) therefore is know as Balalnced . Armature is the module itself . It consists of tiny yet powerful magnets that move the diaphragm up and down when the music source to transcoded from digital to analog ( 1 & 0 ) .

Mar 3, 2017 at 1:16 AM Post #747 of 1,068
B.A is balanced armature where by the diaphragm has no net force ( aka neutral ) therefore is know as Balalnced . Armature is the module itself . It consists of tiny yet powerful magnets that move the diaphragm up and down when the music source to transcoded from digital to analog ( 1 & 0 ) .

Thanks Man ... 

Yes , I Was interested about E50

I actually have im50 , I think it is really underrated ( im 50 really nice ) in-ear... I so much thoughts about E50, I didnt try it yet... 

I think I will get it .. But Yesterday I saw in amazon 99 usd, Today 199 ... Maybe I mistake?

Mar 3, 2017 at 1:35 AM Post #748 of 1,068

Thanks Man ... 

Yes , I Was interested about E50

I actually have im50 , I think it is really underrated ( im 50 really nice ) in-ear... I so much thoughts about E50, I didnt try it yet... 

Go for LS200. I have both E50 and LS200. LS200 has wider sound stage, better highs extension, less bassy but higher quality. LS200 is more neutral if you like. Not sure if this kind of sound you like though. 

Mar 5, 2017 at 4:28 AM Post #750 of 1,068
Would the E40 or E70 be a fair replacement for the Brainwavz B2, considering the B2's had to be tamed on the high end with both Complys and EQ?

I'm a big rock and metal listener with solid smatterings of orchestral, pop and electronic.

My B2's died and I'm looking for a replacement. A pair of E70's just popped into my view so I thought I'd ask, and the E40 is fairly cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back