Audio Technica ATH-E70, ATH-E50, ATH-E40 IEMs announced at NAMM 2016
Dec 24, 2016 at 12:38 AM Post #721 of 1,068
With no a real proper review, e70 is not gonna get more popular, even though is one of the most well tuning iem I ever heard from ATH, too sad.

Dec 24, 2016 at 10:33 AM Post #723 of 1,068
You must be shure hater then lol,

E70 is like the best gifting for some ATH cult only, so I want to spread how much of beautiful is it, she may look a slightly plain at first but however is the most refined and finest woman I ever seen in my entire lifetime, (just kiding lol)

Jan 6, 2017 at 2:14 AM Post #724 of 1,068
  Um pro 50 mids alot clearer.  Plus i got a occ cable.

Um pro 50 is an upgrade and it fits way better.  Westone is said to be the most comfortable iems and i agree.  That does so much for the quality of the sound.  It's also healthy for your ears because you dont have to turn it up so high but it sounds way louder even at lower volumes.  e70 too much leakage and too uncomfortable in comparison.  

E70 has some of the best bass for iem but bass on um is good to.  Really quick, accurate and deep.

pro 50 more forgiving than e70 as well.  This could be considered good our bad, but i like it.

In conclusion, since i got my pro 50, my e70 has been getting a ton of rest.....  It's in the same box as my ckr10 and my other just in case something breaks iems...

EDIT:  You could by them from somewhere like Amazon with 30 day return.  If you don't like it them get your money back.  Thats what i always do.

Sorry but there's not a clear winner between e70 and um pro 50.  e70 definitely more technical  and bass is better.  Um pro 50 definitely fits and isolates 100 times better.  On other thread someone says e70 just as good if not better than the likes of layla, noble k10u, westone w80  etc...  

Jan 11, 2017 at 10:40 AM Post #726 of 1,068
Can anyone please compare the e40s to vsd3s. I'm looking for an upgrade to the vsd3s.

Hi, to my ears, Fidue A73 would be an awesome upgrade to the VSD3S.
About the same shape and comfort, upgraded sound helped by the two drivers and silver plated cable.   In fact, way superior sound.  I did not like the VSD3S.  The highs were not there for me (too present and aggressive).  Even though the A73 have unforgiving highs for some, they still offer way more precision and quality.  And the global sound is just better, midrange, bass...

The E40 are a different beast.  Very nice sound, but mellower, less aggressive, but nice and detailed  and a bit more balanced (highs are smoother).  But in terms of shape, fit and comfort, they are not the same as VSD3S and A73.  Not at all.  Bulkier, they are hard to fit and get a good seal + stay in place.  The fit was a dealbreaker for me.  Detachable cable could be a plus for some, though.

Note:  My VSD3S had the fixed cable, not the detachable one.  

Jan 12, 2017 at 9:01 AM Post #727 of 1,068

So I tried the new HDC313A cable with the E40... and am very happy with the difference it made to the sound. To my ears, it greatly improves the separation and clarity of the E40, increases bass definition and extension, and removes the slight glare/stridency in the highs. It also corrects the tonality of the stock E40, making it more coherent and closer to natural sound.

This cable made the E40 the most competent push-pull IEM from AT in terms of tonality and technicalities, and yes I even prefer it to the new CKR90 and CKR100 (they have some weird tonality issues which I'd rather not talk about). 

Jan 15, 2017 at 4:45 AM Post #728 of 1,068

So I tried the new HDC313A cable with the E40... and am very happy with the difference it made to the sound. To my ears, it greatly improves the separation and clarity of the E40, increases bass definition and extension, and removes the slight glare/stridency in the highs. It also corrects the tonality of the stock E40, making it more coherent and closer to natural sound.

This cable made the E40 the most competent push-pull IEM from AT in terms of tonality and technicalities, and yes I even prefer it to the new CKR90 and CKR100 (they have some weird tonality issues which I'd rather not talk about). 

BTW just a heads up, I'm letting go of my E40 with this cable in the For Sale section (see my signature). Bought the cable for curiosity, but don't really need it when I already have 2 TOTL IEMs haha.

Even against the CKR9 and 10?

Jan 23, 2017 at 5:04 PM Post #733 of 1,068
One thing about SpinFit is that the size may be different than the ATH original one. I used L from ATH, but M from SpinFit, as SpinFit is more flexible, so easier to seal than ATH, so I do not have to push it that hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back