Audio Technica ATH-E70, ATH-E50, ATH-E40 IEMs announced at NAMM 2016
Apr 8, 2016 at 5:37 PM Post #241 of 1,068
Soundprofessionals has upped the E40 instant rebate to $20 off. So $79 and should still be free shipping and no tax outside of New Jersey.
http://www.soundprofessionals.com/cgi-bin/gold/category.cgi?item=ATH-E40&source=froogle&gclid=COrUzb2AgMwCFQJZhgodiE8Jhg

Apr 13, 2016 at 5:22 AM Post #243 of 1,068
Hi everyone!

For someone who doesnt like the Fiio EX1's (sound too thin and sibilant treble) do you think I will have any problema with the E40? And if so, which are the best for a natural sound up to 200€?

Thanks

Apr 13, 2016 at 9:24 AM Post #246 of 1,068
Apr 13, 2016 at 9:25 AM Post #247 of 1,068
Hi everyone!

For someone who doesnt like the Fiio EX1's (sound too thin and sibilant treble) do you think I will have any problema with the E40? And if so, which are the best for a natural sound up to 200€?

Thanks

The E40 is praised as the direct upgrade over the IM70, I suppose that the sound won't be ''thin'' and sibilant, I'm still waiting for my pair of E40 arriving from Soundprofessionals, I shall give a better impressions when comparing both.

The EX1 was sibilant on first usage, but within 10-15 hours of burn in + the proper tips for your ears, it won't be sibilant on warm daps but can still have some harshness on neutral to bright sources. I believe that 100 hrs + of burn in is necessary to get it right.

If you have 200 bucks to spend, you have better options ! I would suggest the RHA T20 as the best in this range (for sound and built quality), some runner ups :

a. Mee Electronics Pinnacle
b. Audio Technica IM02
c. Hifiman RE600
d. Aurisonics Rockets
e. Sleek Audio SA7
f. Venture Electronics Zen 2.0 (if you like earbuds)
g. Audio Technica CKR9LTD

Now it's up to you 
o2smile.gif

Apr 13, 2016 at 10:05 AM Post #249 of 1,068
  The E40 is praised as the direct upgrade over the IM70, I suppose that the sound won't be ''thin'' and sibilant, I'm still waiting for my pair of E40 arriving from Soundprofessionals, I shall give a better impressions when comparing both.

The EX1 was sibilant on first usage, but within 10-15 hours of burn in + the proper tips for your ears, it won't be sibilant on warm daps but can still have some harshness on neutral to bright sources. I believe that 100 hrs + of burn in is necessary to get it right.

If you have 200 bucks to spend, you have better options ! I would suggest the RHA T20 as the best in this range (for

seriously? mid is so recessed

and built quality), some runner ups :

a. Mee Electronics Pinnacle
b. Audio Technica IM02
c. Hifiman RE600
d. Aurisonics Rockets
e. Sleek Audio SA7
f. Venture Electronics Zen 2.0 (if you like earbuds)
g. Audio Technica CKR9LTD

Now it's up to you 
o2smile.gif

disagree t20 has the most recessed midrange I would not consider it at all cost
@rgieg don't go for t20 please
giphy.gif

Apr 13, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #250 of 1,068

@rgieg don't go for t20 please
giphy.gif

thanks i went for the e40 so far so good.  I came from the se215 and to me it sounds much better.  one surprising thing i found with the e40 is it is loud.  I used to listen to my phone full volume now halfway and im good.

Apr 13, 2016 at 11:15 AM Post #251 of 1,068
@rgieg
don't go for t20 please
giphy.gif

Recessed midrange? I found that it isn't as forward as in the IM70 but neutral, what impressed me was the very balanced and natural SQ.

Certainly not my favorite (I'm a vocal head liking very warm mid centric and organic sound signature) but the fact that the sound signature isn't up to my preferences, doesn't mean that I didn't found it worthy (stay objective)

The T20 is surely one of the best in the $200 range, if he's looking for a better mid range he can read all the reviews on the list I gave. When comparing audio stuffs at the same level, sound is purely subjective.

Apr 13, 2016 at 11:39 AM Post #252 of 1,068
Recessed midrange? I found that it isn't as forward as in the IM70 but neutral, what impressed me was the very balanced and natural SQ.

Certainly not my favorite (I'm a vocal head liking very warm mid centric and organic sound signature) but the fact that the sound signature isn't up to my preferences, doesn't mean that I didn't found it worthy (stay objective)

The T20 is surely one of the best in the $200 range, if he's looking for a better mid range he can read all the reviews on the list I gave. When comparing audio stuffs at the same level, sound is purely subjective.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/rha-t20/reviews/15095
@keanex agree it is recessed too. T20 is more for the looks instead of sound.
@thepooh

Apr 13, 2016 at 12:00 PM Post #253 of 1,068

Really? I don't think IM series memory cable is that bad... well, mine lose connection twice so I can confess it's not durable enough (that nubs is just the source of many troubles) but I miss it when I'm wearing my Final Heaven II.. The Final is more for sitting down, drown down the background and listen to some awesome music, IM50 is perfect for walking around, when someone just called up on me, ill just pop it off and let it dangle on my earlobes. It's just... so low profile.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/rha-t20/reviews/15095
@keanex agree it is recessed too. T20 is more for the looks instead of sound.
@thepooh

My experience with RHA are the 750 and 450 both has too recessed mids for me to like anything about it, and It doesn't have fast bass that I was looking for... it does have the soundstage tho 

Apr 13, 2016 at 12:05 PM Post #254 of 1,068
  thanks for the reply. weird according to the site you posted e40's are supposed to come with comply tips.  I didnt get any

And according to the Audio Technica website, it is not included. Only the E70 comes with them. So that information is wrong :x i'm sorry, I will try to know if the nozzle on the E70 is the same size as the E40.

Apr 13, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #255 of 1,068

Really? I don't think IM series memory cable is that bad... well, mine lose connection twice so I can confess it's not durable enough (that nubs is just the source of many troubles) but I miss it when I'm wearing my Final Heaven II.. The Final is more for sitting down, drown down the background and listen to some awesome music, IM50 is perfect for walking around, when someone just called up on me, ill just pop it off and let it dangle on my earlobes. It's just... so low profile.

My experience with RHA are the 750 and 450 both has too recessed mids for me to like anything about it, and It doesn't have fast bass that I was looking for... it does have the soundstage tho 

precisly why Im curious why @thepooh dont think it is recessed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back