Audio Technica ATH-E70, ATH-E50, ATH-E40 IEMs announced at NAMM 2016
Oct 12, 2016 at 12:57 PM Post #646 of 1,068
Tried to test them E40 again tonight. Surprisingly, they fit perfectly (scratches my head) and wow! Clarity and bass definitely better than Y50BT. Its also quite loud compared to the Y50BT when using the cable (bypass). The hype is real.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk

Oct 12, 2016 at 3:54 PM Post #647 of 1,068
waiting for a real comparsion between im03 and e70,

I like im04 the best thought
rolleyes.gif

Oct 12, 2016 at 4:39 PM Post #648 of 1,068
  waiting for a real comparsion between im03 and e70,

I like im04 the best thought
rolleyes.gif

This isn't a detailed comparison but I agree with Audio Technica when they said the e70 is an upgrade to the im series.

The e70 has better bass and less noise very rounded sound.  I put my im03 to bed for the e70.

Oct 12, 2016 at 4:43 PM Post #649 of 1,068
  This isn't a detailed comparison but I agree with Audio Technica when they said the e70 is an upgrade to the im series.

The e70 has better bass and less noise very rounded sound.  I put my im03 to bed for the e70.

most of us here want to know about vocal, did e70 female vocal are better than that vocal forward of im03?

Oct 13, 2016 at 2:12 AM Post #650 of 1,068
Listened to the E70 again today for direct A/B with my F4100. The E70 has significantly more body in the lower departments.
I also had a surprising good fit (demos were equipped with SpinFits). I am tempted to upgarde but will wait first until they have the
Etymotics ER4XR in stock for comparison.

Oct 13, 2016 at 8:39 AM Post #651 of 1,068
Listened to the E70 again today for direct A/B with my F4100. The E70 has significantly more body in the lower departments.

I also had a surprising good fit (demos were equipped with SpinFits). I am tempted to upgarde but will wait first until they have the
Etymotics ER4XR in stock for comparison.

If you can, try some wider bore tips - I didn't love how spinfits paired with them soundwise, though the longer stem makes it easy to get a good seal.

Oct 13, 2016 at 8:56 AM Post #652 of 1,068
If I get them I would use SpiralDots. However, I learned today about the new LS-Series from AT which seems the official reliever for the IM-Series. So I will wait for them
too until next month at least.... Can all these greedy companies please stop throwing new tempting products on the market so fast please? I have my F4100 just for a month and thinking of
something new already again...

Oct 13, 2016 at 9:09 AM Post #653 of 1,068
real im-series successor are coming, glory glory Audio-technica!

I'm going to stick with im04 thought.

Oct 14, 2016 at 6:01 AM Post #654 of 1,068
Tried to test them E40 again tonight. Surprisingly, they fit perfectly (scratches my head) and wow! Clarity and bass definitely better than Y50BT. Its also quite loud compared to the Y50BT when using the cable (bypass). The hype is real.

I ordered a pair of E40s , hope it will fit me . would be a great purchase for  just 70$ .

Oct 15, 2016 at 2:41 PM Post #656 of 1,068
I had the Nova briefly, returned it and kept the E70. Nova has a little more wow factor with its lush mids (guitars sound incredible) and build, but the E70 is a better all-rounder. It is more monitor-like, but the timbre is still quite good. I found the Nova's bass too recessed and lacking in impact, whereas the E70 has great balance top to bottom. If you have the extra money and don't care about the low end being a bit underwhelming, the Novas are really great - they are tuned and built expertly and sound awesome on live instruments. But the E70 can do indie / folk / rock sounds nearly as well, and can also handle hip hop and electronic music.

This is from memory, but let me know if you have any specific questions and I'll try to answer.

Oct 15, 2016 at 5:57 PM Post #657 of 1,068
I had the Nova briefly, returned it and kept the E70. Nova has a little more wow factor with its lush mids (guitars sound incredible) and build, but the E70 is a better all-rounder. It is more monitor-like, but the timbre is still quite good. I found the Nova's bass too recessed and lacking in impact, whereas the E70 has great balance top to bottom. If you have the extra money and don't care about the low end being a bit underwhelming, the Novas are really great - they are tuned and built expertly and souns awesome on live instruments. But the E70 can do indie / folk / rock sounds nearly as well, and can also handle hip hop and electronic music.

This is from memory, but let me know if you have any specific questions and I'll try to answer.

Do you have a link to the Nova?

Oct 17, 2016 at 9:58 PM Post #660 of 1,068

Have you changed something to get a better fit?  What tips are you using?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back