Audio Technica ATH-E70, ATH-E50, ATH-E40 IEMs announced at NAMM 2016
Mar 21, 2016 at 10:46 PM Post #168 of 1,068
I wouldn't call the E40 bright or v-shaped IMO... It is pretty balanced in bass/mids/treble, just very forward in all frequencies. Think of it as having the bass and treble of a v-shaped IEM, but at the same time having the mids of a mid-centric IEM.

Yeap that is what I am saying thks for expressing it clearly
beerchug.gif

Mar 21, 2016 at 11:01 PM Post #170 of 1,068

It's your opinion I guess but I think the majority of us would disagree
wink_face.gif

have you tried the older ath models haha? IM series is good but they mirrored the sound of their old models hence make it underwhelming

Mar 22, 2016 at 1:39 AM Post #174 of 1,068
Even though I am pretty much an Audio Technica "fan", there is one problem that I mostly have with their in-ears - fit. As I am extremely picky on fitting, I hope that the E40 and maybe the E50/fit when I am going to demo them tomorrow, perhaps. Good to read that the E40 is pretty much positive as someone who adore the CKR10 despite their flaws and eventually traded them away, unfortunately.

Mar 22, 2016 at 5:44 AM Post #176 of 1,068
Tru
Even though I am pretty much an Audio Technica "fan", there is one problem that I mostly have with their in-ears - fit. As I am extremely picky on fitting, I hope that the E40 and maybe the E50/fit when I am going to demo them tomorrow, perhaps. Good to read that the E40 is pretty much positive as someone who adore the CKR10 despite their flaws and eventually traded them away, unfortunately.
True their ear tips are useless,but strange I am using those tips on my ex1 now and sounds better than stock tips.

Mar 22, 2016 at 6:00 AM Post #177 of 1,068
Tru
True their ear tips are useless,but strange I am using those tips on my ex1 now and sounds better than stock tips.

speaking of fiio ex1 i supposed, the e40 is close to it.
have an ex1 to my collection. I feel e40 has more burst of excitement.Forward upper mids.

Mar 22, 2016 at 6:03 AM Post #178 of 1,068

I had a CKN model but that's it.

yes I am not sure why Audio Technica has more success with their new iems as compared to their older models which I believe the sonic performance can match the existing ones
biggrin.gif

Mar 22, 2016 at 6:09 AM Post #179 of 1,068
for those deciding between e40 and p1, if u have the budget, go for P1

Mar 22, 2016 at 6:12 AM Post #180 of 1,068

Their stock tips are actually pretty good on their own. The large ones if I am correct, worked on the DN-2000 pretty well for some time, in my experience. Like what you've said though; it's just the designs that lead to the ergonomics of some of the AT in-ears that did it to some in the end, in my opinion.

Looking forward to test them out, anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back