Audio-Technica ATH-DSR9BT/ATH-DSR7BT Bluetooth Headphones (With Digital Drive Technology That Replaces a Traditional DAC)
Apr 17, 2017 at 7:32 PM Post #77 of 260
I also wonder if the pads are interchangeable with the M50s, since I have about 4 different pair of pads from Dekoni and Brainwavz that fits the M50. . The shape looks spot on from the photos.

May 11, 2017 at 3:35 PM Post #79 of 260
Hi
Has anyone who's had hands on experience with these headphones also tried the ath-msr7's ,are they very similar from a size/construction/comfort point of view,I imagine they will sound different because of the new drivers but in pictures they look very similar.
I ask because I'm struggling to find some comfortable full sized wireless headphones,best so far are the beoplay h7 and pendulumic stance+,which both sound good(stance sounds best)but get uncomfortable after about an hour(for different reasons).

May 15, 2017 at 10:01 PM Post #80 of 260
Hi
Has anyone who's had hands on experience with these headphones also tried the ath-msr7's ,are they very similar from a size/construction/comfort point of view,I imagine they will sound different because of the new drivers but in pictures they look very similar.
I ask because I'm struggling to find some comfortable full sized wireless headphones,best so far are the beoplay h7 and pendulumic stance+,which both sound good(stance sounds best)but get uncomfortable after about an hour(for different reasons).

They sound different. I have the MSR7, and tried the DSR7BT at a trade show. Thoughts in a previous comment.

Just tried the DSR7BT at a trade show here in Singapore, some initial thoughts, coming from an MSR7 owner.

First noticeable difference is the must stronger and more visceral bass. Anyone who goes between the MSR7 and the DSR7BT will also notice that the DSR7BT has lack of the venting ports in the MSR7. This probably locks in the bass, and it now the midbass is more present, and subbass texture is also improved. Some might find it to be slightly less neutral as a result, and shifts the sound signature to that of a slight U shape, more musical imo.

Midrange, as a result, seems to takes a slight back seat, becoming just a tad more laid back, but still retaining a nice, full sound. The direct drive technology also improves detail vastly, a lot of microdetails are now very present.

Treble extends well, and has a great but somewhat emphasized texture, typical of the AT house sound. Also, here you will notice the microdetails being more present and forward.

Soundstage loses out to the MSR7, as it's now a fully closed back headphones. However, it still has some semblance of space and height, depth could be improved.

Seperation and imaging are stellar, nothing more can be said.

One of the biggest qualities to note is the fact that even though it runs off a bluetooth connection, it's got much better detail retrieval compared to some wired cans, due to the direct drive technology.

It does get a bit hard to drive, however, so volume might need to be raised a few notches above the normal.

Overall, a truly fantastic pair of headphones, one that I'd definitely consider for portable wireless use.

May 17, 2017 at 11:24 AM Post #82 of 260
Thanks for that I must have missed your post,nothing I've read about the sound quality of these headphones has put off trying them,it's just the comfort I'm concerned about.

The comfort on these are alright, my ears fit nicely in the cups, and grippage is a little on the stronger side, but it helps for a nice seal. the pads are nice and soft, and the headband might have to be bent to accomodate the top of the head like I did to my MSR7s. Otherwise, it's a pretty comfy pair of headphones, not on Sennheiser HD levels, but decently fitting. If you dont like grippage, these might not be for you, but you have to try to see your own tolerances

Jun 3, 2017 at 2:37 AM Post #86 of 260
I've just got the 9's last night, did a first impressions on my blog. Still burning them in. Tested in USB mode and Bluetooth aptx and aptx hd. Not sure what to make of them yet. Been some wow moments and some middle ground. I'll report back in a few days once the burn in period is better.

Neat tech. Are there any alternative USB cables that anyone has used? All my devices are type c now. It looks so unsightly having the micro USB cable coming out of the headphone into an adapter that plugs into my phone or mac.

Jun 5, 2017 at 7:58 AM Post #87 of 260
I bought the ATH-DSR9BT and I have mic issues. First when it is directly connected with USB to my Windows 10 PC, the mic is not detected.

The mic is detected when I connect it through Bluetooth and then it has a very faint low sound. When I use it in Skype or any other software,
I can barely hear my voice. All my other Bluetooth headsets mics work properly.

Any ideas?

Jun 15, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #90 of 260
Not me.

It's official. I went back to store and tried other ones the same model. It has bad audio, the mic is too low.

So if you want to talk with this, do not buy this. Only buy this if you want to listen and not talk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back