Audio-Technica ATH-DSR9BT/ATH-DSR7BT Bluetooth Headphones (With Digital Drive Technology That Replaces a Traditional DAC)
Feb 10, 2017 at 2:13 PM Post #31 of 260
So, I've been using the DSRBT7 for a week and I'm very impressed. Very neutral, analytical, clean, transparent. Layering, imaging, soundstage are all superb for the money. Recommended for anyone who doesn't like the bass emphasised, consumer friendly sound signature of headphones from Sennheiser or B&W.

Since I'm an audio enthusiast consumer this impression doesn't entice me much, but thanks anyway. As always one must audition for themselves to see if it fits one's taste. Waiting for both to officially be available here in the US so I could order them with a possible return.

Feb 10, 2017 at 4:27 PM Post #32 of 260
Since I'm an audio enthusiast consumer this impression doesn't entice me much, but thanks anyway. As always one must audition for themselves to see if it fits one's taste. Waiting for both to officially be available here in the US so I could order them with a possible return.
yes I can see that this will probably be quite a polarising headphone. Like the msr7, many will consider it to be lacking bass, but it represents what is on the source very well. Unlike the msr7, it doesn't have what many found was a grating treble. It has a sound that is very true to the definition of "high fidelity" as being one of a very true representation of what's on the source audio. Eg, it doesn't warm up the bass, or have a sparkly treble, unless that is how the original audio sounds.

Feb 11, 2017 at 1:08 AM Post #33 of 260
Too early to draw any meaningful conclusions here, there are only a handful of you guys have had any hands on experience, and so far they don't align at all. AT really needs to export these all over the world already. :)

Feb 12, 2017 at 4:37 PM Post #35 of 260
Yup same in the US sometimes in the spring.:mad:

Feb 14, 2017 at 4:29 AM Post #36 of 260
yes I can see that this will probably be quite a polarising headphone. Like the msr7, many will consider it to be lacking bass, but it represents what is on the source very well. Unlike the msr7, it doesn't have what many found was a grating treble. It has a sound that is very true to the definition of "high fidelity" as being one of a very true representation of what's on the source audio. Eg, it doesn't warm up the bass, or have a sparkly treble, unless that is how the original audio sounds.

You mean the DSR7 right? Cause the DSR9 has very clean, hard hitting bass. It sometimes gets a little overwhelming for me during hip hop music since I'm used to the Sennheiser HD555's still.

Feb 14, 2017 at 7:41 PM Post #38 of 260
Either one of you heard the HD600? How does the bass quantity on the 7BT @dcfac73 or 9BT @Mysteek compare to the HD600? I like my bass quantity no lower than the HD600, a little more or better sub-bass performance would be perfect.

Feb 14, 2017 at 7:54 PM Post #39 of 260
Either one of you heard the HD600? How does the bass quantity on the 7BT @dcfac73
 or 9BT @Mysteek
 compare to the HD600? I like my bass quantity no lower than the HD600, a little more or better sub-bass performance would be perfect.
for what it's worth, I've had a brief listen to the hd650, and from memory I thought the bass was a little wooly and not as tight as the dsr7bt. The Audio Technica probably has less sub-bass, but only because it doesn't accentuate or add any that isn't on the recording in the first place. The bass quantity is dictated by what's on the recording. I think bass heads will be disappointed with the quantity of bass on the dsr7bt. All imo natch.

Feb 15, 2017 at 1:38 AM Post #40 of 260
  Either one of you heard the HD600? How does the bass quantity on the 7BT @dcfac73 or 9BT @Mysteek compare to the HD600? I like my bass quantity no lower than the HD600, a little more or better sub-bass performance would be perfect.

As for the 9BT, the bass quantity is a tad larger than that on the HD600. I heard the HD600 and HD650 a while back, but I recall comparing them to the ATH-M50 and found the M50 to have harder/stronger bass. I'm using this as the reference for comparison since the 9BT has about as much bass as the M50's, while being more immersive and detailed at the same time, thus the 9BT has slightly more bass. I forget how low the HD600's went vs the M50, but I've found that the DSR9BT goes deeper and lower than the M50's. It's more full and controlled. I hope this helps.

Feb 15, 2017 at 1:51 AM Post #41 of 260
The M50 won't roll off till 20hz with vanishing distortion [according to Sonarworks's measurements not anecdotes] very few headphones can claim that even fewer at it's price level. Yes hoping for similar performance from the 7/9BT in this regard.

Feb 16, 2017 at 12:40 AM Post #42 of 260
Thanks for both of those replies guys. Things I like to hear. It's going to be a very tough choice but I think I'll be happy with either. We'll see how I feel on release day. 

Feb 25, 2017 at 12:53 PM Post #43 of 260

I got a chance to listen to DSR9BT. I must say I'm surprised. I haven't gotten chance to listen to lot of Bluetooth headphones. After getting iPhone7plus I started searching for them. Today at a headphones connect I met the country head of Audio-Techica and he had a demo of DSR9BT and ATH-LS400iS and few other IEMs. I can barely tell the difference between wired and wireless headphones. DSR9BT is bright maybe a bit too bright for my taste (I haven't listened to any audio-technica before today so I'm not familiar with their sound signature) it had good bass but I wouldn't say it's for the bass head. I really enjoyed them. I'm planning to buy a pair when it comes out here. (I'm not a audiophile, just a enthusiast so don't know a lot of technical details about them)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back