Audio-Technica ATH-DSR9BT/ATH-DSR7BT Bluetooth Headphones (With Digital Drive Technology That Replaces a Traditional DAC)
Jan 17, 2017 at 5:25 PM Post #16 of 260
  Subbed.

@Dieucocto I nearly ordered it from Japan just because the same reason as you, I love Audio Technica and ATH E70 is now my perfect pair of IEMs. The MSR7 was also very good but the trebles were a little too harsh in some tracks + unoptimized design which stopped me from buying one, have you tried those? If yes, how do they compare to the DSR9BT?

Thanks, Linh

Sorry but I haven't tried the MSR7. I was interested in buying them a few months ago, but then came the DSR9BT/DSR7BT annoncement...

Anyway, the trebles are very clean. They were sometimes a bit too harsh with the WS99BT, like it was "trembling" a bit, so during some songs it could become agressive and tiring. Here, they are more balanced and less "shiny" if we can say, but still very present (not like the MDR-1ABT where everything feels so distant...).
About the design, well, they look similar to the MSR7, and I know some people think the clamping is too strong with them, so I don't know... But personally I find the DSR9BT extremly comfortable.

Jan 17, 2017 at 6:38 PM Post #17 of 260
  Sorry but I haven't tried the MSR7. I was interested in buying them a few months ago, but then came the DSR9BT/DSR7BT annoncement...

Anyway, the trebles are very clean. They were sometimes a bit too harsh with the WS99BT, like it was "trembling" a bit, so during some songs it could become agressive and tiring. Here, they are more balanced and less "shiny" if we can say, but still very present (not like the MDR-1ABT where everything feels so distant...).
About the design, well, they look similar to the MSR7, and I know some people think the clamping is too strong with them, so I don't know... But personally I find the DSR9BT extremly comfortable.

Thanks for the description, I also came very close to ordering the 1ABT several times last year, seems like you got your end-game solution, just like what I have been expecting. Hope it suits my taste just like yours :D

Jan 17, 2017 at 8:12 PM Post #18 of 260
Found this very positive review.

http://www.audiodevotion.com/audio-technica-dsr9bt-review/

Jan 18, 2017 at 7:06 AM Post #20 of 260
The price will come down after awhile like anything else. Patience is a virtue ....... maybe.:wink:

Jan 18, 2017 at 5:21 PM Post #21 of 260
  Thanks for the description, I also came very close to ordering the 1ABT several times last year, seems like you got your end-game solution, just like what I have been expecting. Hope it suits my taste just like yours :D

You're welcome. I hope it does !

Quote:
  Found this very positive review.

http://www.audiodevotion.com/audio-technica-dsr9bt-review/

I think it's Mysteek review 
wink_face.gif

About the price, I'm not sure it will come down soon, because the price is not yet 549$. It will be in spring, when the headphone is scheduled to be released in the US. Right now, it's at 1,080 $ on amazon.com 
blink.gif

But I'm sure hoping for a price drop concerning the MSR7 when the DSR9BT and the DSR7B will be released, I'm still a bit curious about this one. But even I prefer to use earbuds when I'm outdoor, I have already as a wired headphone the WS1100 (so comfortable
redface.gif
) that I like very much, so I can be patient too !

Jan 19, 2017 at 7:21 AM Post #22 of 260
I'm more interested in the ATH-DSR7BT for $300 if it sounds comparable 
wink.gif
, or rather more fun as I don't need total transparency. 

The ATH-AD700 I have do surprise me when I give them a chance. Perhaps the most musical of my headphones, with the most detail resolution in the mids/treble. Admittedly I don't always like to have such an open soundstage, but other times it's a virtue. Really curious to hear these new BT headphones.

Jan 21, 2017 at 12:11 PM Post #23 of 260
Well, having finally sold my MDR1-ABT (travel well!), I bought a second hand MSR7. I haven't had much time to test it but I can safely say that :

- The DSR9BT is much more comfortable. Yes, I know I sound like a DSR9BT ambassador/fanboy, but it's true ! Now, for me, the claming is not the problem on the MSR7. In fact, the clamping force and the hoop are basically the same on the MSR7 and the DSR9BT. For them both, I had to bend a bit the hoop (like I usually do with all the headphones) and stretch it of three notches. To me, it's not a problem, but if it's a problem to you with the MSR7, well it might be a problem too with the DSR9BT. No, what I find incomfortable with the MSR7 is the pads, which are not thick and soft enough given the claming force. Like I said, I haven't had much time to test it, but in 10 minutes, my ears were hot. It's not that the MSR7 is incomfortable per se -- I like how it fits the head (in the same way the DSR9BT does) -- but it's too tiring with time. This is absolutely not the case with the DSR9BT where the pads are much more comfortable, even if the hole is little tighter, because the pads are slightly thicker and larger. Look at the pics :

- About the quality build, the DSR9BT is a also a lot better : it's easier to stretch the hoop and there isn't this annoying squeak that we can hear when the MSR7 earcups are moving. 

- And concerning the sound, well, I need more time to get used to it, but I was surprised with it because initially I thought it was a pretty neutral headphone. I don't think so. I'm not a bass-head, but I have to admit that I was starting to miss them a bit while listening to some songs with the MSR7. It's amazing how a track can be totally different while switching back and forth between the WS1100 and the MSR7. These two are both completely two different things (and for now I find the WS1100 to be more accomplished in its kind... notably because of the quality build, the esthetic beauty, the comfortability and how the sound is powerful).
Anyway I find the DSR9BT to be a perfect compromise between this two kinds of headphones (one bright, the other bassy). And to be perfectly clear : The DSR9BT has a lot more bass than the MSR7. It's as clean and bright, while being a lot more dynamic and lively.

Jan 23, 2017 at 2:58 AM Post #24 of 260
Good to hear, while I never heard the MSR 7's it seemed that the overall impression was that it was bright and bass shy, a complete opposite of the M50[x] which I own and like.
It seems their voicing of this headphone takes after more of the M50 than the MSR7 which makes sense for a portable design, that most likely be worn out and about, and not in a studio.

Feb 10, 2017 at 8:57 AM Post #29 of 260
So, I've been using the DSRBT7 for a week and I'm very impressed. Very neutral, analytical, clean, transparent. Layering, imaging, soundstage are all superb for the money. Recommended for anyone who doesn't like the bass emphasised, consumer friendly sound signature of headphones from Sennheiser or B&W.

Feb 10, 2017 at 1:51 PM Post #30 of 260
So, I've been using the DSRBT7 for a week and I'm very impressed. Very neutral, analytical, clean, transparent. Layering, imaging, soundstage are all superb for the money. Recommended for anyone who doesn't like the bass emphasised, consumer friendly sound signature of headphones from Sennheiser or B&W.

Another tempting impression :D can you please compare them to the MSR7 (usually considered as the wired version) and the Oppo PM3? I can see you have both in your collection. Thanks :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back