Audio-Technica ATH-DSR7BT (bluetooth twin of the MSR7?) and ATH-DSR9BT
Aug 9, 2017 at 3:20 PM Post #20 of 34
Hello
Im debating between the DSR7BT , DSR9BT,
I only heared the MSR7 before from AT family line.
How do the 7bt and the 9bt compare? I like very clean sound.
It will be used with high res flac files and some mediocre mp3 also, most of the time via usb on the pc and some bluetooth also.
Is the 9bt worth the extra money? how do their sound really compare?

Thank you

Aug 11, 2017 at 12:45 AM Post #22 of 34
Great review thanks you.
I saw that you listened to the dsr7 also.
Sound wise how is the dsr7 compared to dsr9? I will be using wired most of the time and listening not only high red music but also youtube etc.
Thanks

Aug 11, 2017 at 3:35 AM Post #23 of 34
Aug 11, 2017 at 5:11 PM Post #25 of 34
Construction and build alone makes the upgrade worth it - comfort as well.

The sound between is different, but they both have the same "flavour". I preferred the DSR9BT, it seemed to have better detail and bass response.

But overall, the sound between the two is similar.

Aug 21, 2017 at 5:37 PM Post #27 of 34
Aug 29, 2017 at 2:24 AM Post #28 of 34
Those are great reads on these headphones. I feel exactly like WhitrLotus on the DSR7BT's...sound is absolutely amazing but the built quality is annoyingly squeaky. Just walking already causes many squeaks, let alone jogging and travelling. If they've just made a few more pieces in its design metal it would be much better....
However, although as far as I can see, the (amount of) plastics on the 9 are similar (wobbly buttons and supposedly squeaky cup-connectors) , in your review you mention the built quality is much better on the 9. Can you/anyone confirm that the 9 squeaks a whole lot less than the 7?

Sep 9, 2017 at 5:22 PM Post #29 of 34
However, although as far as I can see, the (amount of) plastics on the 9 are similar (wobbly buttons and supposedly squeaky cup-connectors) , in your review you mention the built quality is much better on the 9. Can you/anyone confirm that the 9 squeaks a whole lot less than the 7?

The 9 was just a whole lot more solid. It didn't squeak or feel as brittle/flexible.

Sep 10, 2017 at 10:19 PM Post #30 of 34
I have the DSR9BT's and they are excellent. They have a nice full, balanced sound for a Bluetooth headphone. I haven't heard the DSR7BT's but from what I understand about them the DSR9BT's are the better headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back