Audio Technica ATH-AD700X Japan made?
Aug 26, 2014 at 11:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

gameaholic

New Head-Fier
I am considering getting the Audio Technica ATH-AD700X for gaming but I saw a review that said the build quality went down when they stopped making them in Japan and moved production to China.  Can someone confirm this?  On ebay there are ATH-AD700X's for sale from Japan but none of them say that they were MADE in Japan.  How can I tell?  Also how do these compare to the original purple ATH-AD700s?

Aug 26, 2014 at 5:23 PM Post #2 of 2
  I am considering getting the Audio Technica ATH-AD700X for gaming but I saw a review that said the build quality went down when they stopped making them in Japan and moved production to China.  Can someone confirm this?  On ebay there are ATH-AD700X's for sale from Japan but none of them say that they were MADE in Japan.  How can I tell?  Also how do these compare to the original purple ATH-AD700s?

The label on the AD700X says "Designed and Engineered in Japan".

So I would assume they are made outside of Japan, in China(?) now.
So any new (and maybe used) AD700X sold by anyone anywhere will be selling one made in China, even the ones sold from Japan.

You might find more answers on this thread, about AD700 vs AD700X.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/631998/audio-technica-updates-their-open-headphones-ad-series-ad2000x-ad1000x-ad900x-ad700x-and-ad500x

Users who are viewing this thread

Back