Audio Technica ATH-A900X vs Audio Technica ATH-M50
Aug 6, 2013 at 4:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

iDJ Jesus

New Head-Fier
I'm asking the pros and cons of each, from people who have had either of these products. They are about the same price (A900X was on sale) and I'm not sure what to choose. I hear that the A900s are lacking in bass when compared to the M50s, and I listen to a lot of dubstep, and I really love the bass. I want to make sure I'm making the right choice before purchasing, so can anyone tell me how the A900X's bass is.

Aug 6, 2013 at 4:45 PM Post #2 of 3
IMO the bass is about the same compared to the newer M50s with a more neutral sound sig. But I never had the chance to A/B them, so someone please confirm this.

Still, neither are "bassy" headphones- if you're really into bass get something else.

Aug 6, 2013 at 5:10 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:
I'm asking the pros and cons of each, from people who have had either of these products. They are about the same price (A900X was on sale) and I'm not sure what to choose. I hear that the A900s are lacking in bass when compared to the M50s, and I listen to a lot of dubstep, and I really love the bass. I want to make sure I'm making the right choice before purchasing, so can anyone tell me how the A900X's bass is.

The A900Xs will offer a more quality bass, over the ATH-M50s louder bass.
The A900X out do the M50s, in everything else.

And the price for the ATH-A900X, currently from $145 to $170, is a lot better then the $256, I paid for my A900Xs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back