Audio-Technica ATH-911 specifications?
Dec 20, 2012 at 5:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

thispastweek

New Head-Fier
Hello!

Some time ago I found a pair of Audio-Technica ATH-911's at a garage sale. They were only $10 so I had to get them. So now I'm trying to find some specs and info about them. Currently I'm using them with my Asus Xonar DG and from what I've been able gather from googling is that they're supposed demand a lot of power. I really like them and I'm thinking of getting a amp to give them more to work with. What do you guys suggest I look for? 

Pic of the headphones:

http://i.imgur.com/gm6Jb.jpg

(embed doesn't seem to work atm)

Cheers!

Dec 20, 2012 at 6:10 PM Post #2 of 6
Specs from 20cheaddatebase.web.fc2.com/a-technica/ATH911.html

Type: Open-back dynamic
Diaphragm: 44mm 16micron dome-type
Impedance: 600Ω
Frequency response: 20-23,000Hz
Max. input: 120mW
Sensitivity: 92dB/mW
Cable: 3m PCOCC coiled, 6.3mm termination
Weight: 210g (w/o cable)

Dec 20, 2012 at 6:11 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:
Some time ago I found a pair of Audio-Technica ATH-911's at a garage sale. They were only $10 so I had to get them. So now I'm trying to find some specs and info about them. Currently I'm using them with my Asus Xonar DG and from what I've been able gather from googling is that they're supposed demand a lot of power. I really like them and I'm thinking of getting a amp to give them more to work with. What do you guys suggest I look for? 

I've found one reference to the Audio Technica ATH-911 and it said the ATH-911 are 600-Ohm.

Try asking about the ATH-911 over on the forum on the Rockgrotto website.
I think there might be one or two ATH-911 owners there.

Dec 20, 2012 at 6:30 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:
Hello!

Pic of the headphones:

http://i.imgur.com/gm6Jb.jpg

(embed doesn't seem to work atm)

Cheers!

Heya,

They're old headphones that were designed to work with high voltage to avoid damaging amps in studios basically. That's what high impedance is for anyways. You can easily match this headphone with any solid state amplifier, or an OTL tube amplifier if you really want to generate the voltage needed for the 600ohm, and still give it a little current to go up against the low sensitivity of 92db/mw. Solid state would be the cheapest way to achieve this. Maybe the new Schiit Magni at $99. Fiio E9 for even less. NFB12~15 would also give you good output.

Very best,

Dec 23, 2012 at 11:57 AM Post #5 of 6
Thank you all for the replies! Those amps were quite expensive here in Sweden when I looked them up :frowning2: But I realized that I got a NAD Stereo Amplifier 3020 that I use for playing the few vinyls I got. I'm guessing that the 3020 has some more power than my Asus card and that I'll use the ATH-911's for vinyl listening purposes instead :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back