Audio-Technica AT-HA25D any good?
Feb 26, 2008 at 5:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

FrederikS|TPU

1000+ Head-Fier
I was just browsing AudioCubes and I came across this little budget headphone amp and I was wondering how it sounds?

It also houses a DAC with optical in
biggrin.gif

AudioCubes.com - Audio-Technica AT-HA25D Headphone Amp - AT-HA25D -

Features:
AT-HA25D is Audio-Technica's all new superb headphone amp built-in with a D/A converter. It supports high quality sound with 192kHz/24bit from the D/A converter. Featuring an advanced optical digital input and line output equipment. Audio-Technica's AT-HA25D corresponds with DVD players, home theater systems and other high-end audio devices. The front panel has a signal indicator to verify the optical digital input. Designed with an aluminum body for a stylish look. Available in silver.

Specifications:
Installed capacity level: 100mW + 100mW (32 ohms, T.H.D 5%)
Frequency characteristic:
-Amplifier section: 10~100kHz (- 3dB)
-D/A converter section: 10~70kHz (- 3dB and Fs=192kHz)
Total height cycle distortion factor:
-Amplifier section: 0.06% or less (32Ω and 20mW output)
-D/A converter section: 0.005% or less (0dBv and 1kHz)
SN ratio:
-Amplifier section: Above 90dB (JIS-A)
-D/A converter section: Above 96dB (JIS-A)
Power source: DC12V 500mA (JEITA)
Input terminal: Line input (pin-jack ×2) / Rectangular optical digital input: (8kHz~192kHz and 16~24bit)
Output terminal: Headphone output (phi 6.3 stereo standard jack) / Line output (pin-jack x2) / rectangular optical digital through output
External size: H44 x W105 x D135mm
Mass: 450g
Accessories
AC adapter (AD1205JT)
Audio-Technica AT-HA25D Headphone Amp
Voltage Converting Transformer:
Usually ships in: 1-3 days.
Available: Website only

So what do you guys think?

Cheers,
Frederik

Sep 19, 2009 at 7:00 AM Post #2 of 4
late reply, but i've been using the at-ha25d as a dac, not bad at all.

the amp isn't extremely powerful though, and it's pretty good with low impedance cans.
in the end however, i use my sr 71a or little dot mkii for amping needs, so the at-ha25d doesn't see a lot of action as an amp, but it's a good dac and it's a very flexible piece of equipment.

Nov 28, 2009 at 8:10 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by ninshin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
late reply, but i've been using the at-ha25d as a dac, not bad at all.

the amp isn't extremely powerful though, and it's pretty good with low impedance cans.
in the end however, i use my sr 71a or little dot mkii for amping needs, so the at-ha25d doesn't see a lot of action as an amp, but it's a good dac and it's a very flexible piece of equipment.

hi,, so your sr71a is more powerful than the ha25 d, or the little dot dac is also better and more powerful

i have found thatt he ha25d is alot more powerful than the rsa predator,
does that make sense?

would u reccomend the little dot dac,,, i would be happy withthe ha25 d except for one main reason, maybe u can help me

--i cant get xbox 360 sound to play on its optical toslink input, neither can i get dvd' i ripped onto my pc to play sound through it optical either,,

note i use the optical out of the lg hdtv im using and it works fine with other digital optical toslink reciever for 5.1 surround sound,, however i havent yet tried to connect directly from my xbox to the dac via optica, as i have had to order a special xbox audio adpater to be able to do this along with using the hdmi connect to tv at the same time..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back