audio technica ad500's
Jan 5, 2009 at 7:02 PM Post #31 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by ourfpshero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
remember peeps- the ad500 needs a LONG burn in. after that it sounds great. i was disappointed when i upgraded to the ad700 because the sound was extremely similar. i sold the ad700s in a week!
auditioning cans at quitar center is only a mediocre way to hear cans. i went into one (when i started my headphone obsession)and asked to hear an akg k240 and a beyer dt770. the salesman-boy brought them out-hooked them up to his ipod and put on his fave thrash metal song. i didnt buy either...

Let me ask you something, can you say that the AD500's clarity (and clarity alone) is good enough to match blades with the DT880? Because the AD700 can.

Jan 5, 2009 at 9:22 PM Post #32 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by scytheavatar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Let me ask you something, can you say that the AD500's clarity (and clarity alone) is good enough to match blades with the DT880? Because the AD700 can.

havent had a dt880 (yet) so i cant say. i did compare the ad700 to a senn hd565 and 580 and the senns won for me. i just sold the 580 too. i like the 565 best. i side by side compared the ad500/ad700/senns to see which i like best. the senns had a better high end extension to me and just seemed cleaner sounding. other wise i would probably have kept one of the technicas.
value wise audio technica are the best open cans

the dt880 is on my list of wants btw

Jan 8, 2009 at 4:43 PM Post #33 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by scytheavatar /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm a noob... but I'd just like to know... what don't you like about the AD500's? What do you mean by clarity? Also: the AD500's have higher impedance, so could your source have had anything to do with it? I'm just curious, because I rather like my AD500's... and I'm wondering if it is worth it to upgrade to the 700's sometime in the future.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back