Audio table and preamp gear.
Apr 2, 2016 at 3:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

sceleratus

Previously known as Iamnothim
I completed building the Douglas Self RIAA differential phono preamp and power supply.  I also built a separate differential preamp for the DB300B.   Happy to report that everything tested well, so I purchased a Rega RP3  turntable with a Rega Exact MM cartridge.   I am delighted with the results.

All I have to do is put the preamp boards into the 300B.  The phono stuff will stay external in Hammond Cases.  At the same time I am building a table for everything.  The Rega and 300B will sit on top and the DAC, phono pa, Mac Mini etcetera will go in a cavity in the table.   This will allow me better access to the gear so I can listen to my HP's again.

I am making the table from 5/4 quarter sawn white oak, dyed black, with a band of zebra wood sandwiched in the middle.

Apr 20, 2016 at 2:19 PM Post #4 of 7
Absolutely beautiful. Really love the table, it has a nice vintage flair with the angled legs. Did you use any plans for the cabinets with the Mark Audio drivers or is it a bass reflex design built to spec? Very nice figuring in the veneer. Now all you need is some wooden speaker cables 
beerchug.gif

Apr 20, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #5 of 7
  Absolutely beautiful. Really love the table, it has a nice vintage flair with the angled legs. Did you use any plans for the cabinets with the Mark Audio drivers or is it a bass reflex design built to spec? Very nice figuring in the veneer. Now all you need is some wooden speaker cables 
beerchug.gif

Thanks.
The speakers are a Mass Loaded Transmission Line design from Bob Brines.

The cabinets are solid 4/4 quilted maple.  I am delighted with how they sound.  It's magic where, to my ears, the base comes from.

Apr 20, 2016 at 4:52 PM Post #6 of 7
@sceleratus Magnificent. Beautiful. Thank you for sharing the experience.

Apr 29, 2016 at 8:30 AM Post #7 of 7
Amazing work. You truly have a gift. I hope one day to have even a little of that skill. Beautiful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back