Audio Shops in Toronto?
Dec 9, 2012 at 3:44 PM Post #16 of 66
In regards to Headfoneshop, it is a one man shop with limited stock, but they are the only store in Toronto that carries ALO audio gears.

I also recommand headphonebar.com as an online retailer.  They are located in the vancouver region, and specialize in head-fi gears.  Usually have free shippings with most gears within Canada.  They carry Hi-FiMan, Fiio, grados, LCD2/3 and  Schiit gears. Do check them out!

Dec 9, 2012 at 3:56 PM Post #17 of 66
whatever bay bloor radio has on their website is what they have in store, and you can try all of them out (including iems)
their denon headphones are actually cheaper/ on par with what you get in the US
everything else is pretty much more expensive

theres also headfoneshop but i havent been there yet

headphone bar based in vacouver is good for shipping- i generally recieve my items 2-3 business days after i order online

Dec 9, 2012 at 5:13 PM Post #18 of 66
I agree with fuzzyash
Don't miss BBR
They have the best selection and test board in the GTA
Their prices are usually retail, but they sometimes have decent sales, like the recent 25% off all Sennheisers weekend

Dec 10, 2012 at 6:57 AM Post #19 of 66
If any of those shops in Toronto have a HD 800 I can demo, I'll probably pick one up tomorrow.

Definitely look into Kijiji to sell my HE-500 too!

Dec 10, 2012 at 9:58 AM Post #20 of 66
If any of those shops in Toronto have a HD 800 I can demo, I'll probably pick one up tomorrow.

Definitely look into Kijiji to sell my HE-500 too!

BBR has one to demo with ipod dock and bryston amp
i think the senns there are at least $100 more expensive so maybe demo it there and buy online?
i tried it there but was very loud, so try to go at off hours

Dec 10, 2012 at 8:09 PM Post #22 of 66
I called BBR this morning and they said that they're all out of stock and couldn't demo one until January 14th. 
Called around to every single store that was listed here and they were all sold out on Sennheiser HD 800s.  

Great luck for me though, I drove down to HEADFONEshop and Charles gave me an amazing deal on Sennheiser HD 800, which I just could not pass on.
Put a down payment for the headphones and come January, I will be a proud owner of a new Sennheiser HD 800~  
beerchug.gif

Dec 14, 2012 at 2:20 PM Post #24 of 66
Surprised no one's mentioned Planet of Sound.

http://planetofsoundonline.com

They are on Queen East - they carry DACs, headphone amps, Beyerdynamics, Grados and Sennheiser.  All can be demo'd, and it's a MUCH quieter store than BBR, with cheaper prices to boot.

Dec 14, 2012 at 9:55 PM Post #25 of 66
DEfinitely recommend headphonebar, when i ordered my mjolnir and gungnir combo, they gave me the psyt cable as a gift. Shipping is super fast, took 3-4 days from vancouver to toronto, and it is cheaper than order directly from schiit.

Dec 21, 2012 at 8:53 PM Post #27 of 66
Still hoping that Travis will take care of my damaged item I received from him this week

TBD

What was wrong with your purchase?
I had a really good experience with HeadphoneBar.
Travis was quite helpful with a lot of little things that went wrong with his dealer when i bought the HE-500s.

On a good note though, my HD 800 came in a lot earlier than January. Charles gave me a call on the 18th saying that Sennheiser Canada got one in just before their holidays.

Been using it sparingly since I've been busy with work but I'll be spending most of tomorrow listening.

Early impressions is that they're the best Headphones that I've listened to by a long shot. This is still with $150 amp, and makes me giddy with excitement about the thought when my Woo Audio WA22 comes in January!

Dec 22, 2012 at 2:55 AM Post #28 of 66
My new LCD-3 arrived broken a few days ago and Travis has been too busy to deal with it.

I've sent photos and asked to return them in exchange for a replacement. No xmas joy for me
frown.gif

HeadphoneBar is the only Canadian dealer. Audeze now recommends that Canucks buy from him.

Too bad Charles hasn't picked up the Audeze line. Hint Hint. I'd much rather deal with someone so close, in Toronto.

Dec 23, 2012 at 5:50 PM Post #29 of 66
I would be so disheartened to see that a highly anticipated package arrived damaged.  Must have been really crappy for you to see that.

About Headfoneshop picking up Audeze, I agree that being able to speak to someone face to face is a lot better than going through e-mails or even on the phone.

Dec 23, 2012 at 7:19 PM Post #30 of 66
I just wish they'd let me return them and send me another pair.
Oh well, now that they're closed for holidays, they might find some time to deal with my purchase.
It's no fun having to sit, waiting to return them, while they can only say they're too busy to deal with it.

I'll try to visit Charles this week

Users who are viewing this thread

Back