Audio Shops in Toronto?
Dec 7, 2012 at 1:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 66

Meh

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, does anyone know of any good audio stores in the GTA?  I've yet to find one that has a large selection of products to try in store.  Mostly audio stores I've found specialize more in speakers and such.  I've mostly bought headphones on recommendations and blind faith in those recommendations but I'd really like to buy things after trying them in the future.  If anyone knows of any in the GTA please let me know!

Dec 7, 2012 at 2:58 AM Post #2 of 66
Try 'Bay Bloor Radio".
Pretty good headphone selection - however, high prices....

Dec 7, 2012 at 1:26 PM Post #3 of 66
My advice for demo is also Bay Bloor Radio or Planet of Sound in Toronto, and Headfoneshop near midtown.  Bay Bloor Radio is actually fairly competitive during holiday events and promotions periods.  You just need to know when that happens.  I personally have no problem letting them charge a few extra dollars because of the extensive demo service they offer.

Lastly, one should also check out Canada Computers for the lowest price, they started carrying a lot of headphones brands recently, including Audio Techinca, Grados, Beyerdynamic, Sennheiser, Fostex and Shure.  Obviously you cannot demo, but their price usually is the lowest.

Dec 7, 2012 at 4:26 PM Post #4 of 66
Ahh cool, thanks for the lists.  I've been meaning to go to BBR for a while now but their selection from their website always left a lot to be desired really.  I'll definitely check out Headfoneshop though thanks!  This seems like the exactly the type of store I'm looking for. Have you been there before though? Do you get to demo anything?

Dec 8, 2012 at 2:56 AM Post #5 of 66
http://www.headfoneshop.com/
check here, i believed its located around on lawerence station.
the guy who own the shop gives out great deal and has lots of headphone to audition!

Dec 9, 2012 at 1:04 AM Post #7 of 66
when, shure srh 1840 came  out, the price  was 799.
i talk to the guy and he gave me for 699, also he let me audition before i purchase them

Dec 9, 2012 at 2:44 AM Post #8 of 66
Sooo happy that I found this thread!
I'll be dropping by headfoneshop next time I'm in Toronto.

Would any of you know of a place where you can sell / trade Headphones?
Since I don't have any Trader Feedback, I don't think Head-Fi is a viable route.
Thinking about replacing my HE-500's...

Dec 9, 2012 at 3:53 AM Post #9 of 66
There's also American Sound north in Richmond Hill. They carry Sennheisers, AKG's, and Grados IIRC, and do have many of them out for demo.

Dec 9, 2012 at 10:15 AM Post #10 of 66
Quote:
when, shure srh 1840 came  out, the price  was 799.
i talk to the guy and he gave me for 699, also he let me audition before i purchase them

I bought the SRH1840 from another local dealer for $649 + hst when they were first released at $799

$699 seems to be the going price now, so you didn't overpay 
happy_face1.gif

Dec 9, 2012 at 10:20 AM Post #11 of 66
Quote:
There's also American Sound north in Richmond Hill. They carry Sennheisers, AKG's, and Grados IIRC, and do have many of them out for demo.

I can't say enough great things about Angie. Over the years, she's talked me out of a lot of money 
wink.gif

Bought my Grado RS-1 there. They carry AKG and Senns too.
I always leave her shop smiling and keep driving back up to Richmond Hill for the occasional visit

Dec 9, 2012 at 12:43 PM Post #12 of 66
I used to live 10 min away from them.  I went in once, it's a pretty small shop with very limited headphones, and even less on demo from what I remember.  They have some neat stuff there but cater more towards the home theatre crowd it seems.  Or at least the customers that prefer speakers over headphones. And nodicaL I've personally just been using Kijiji to my own success.  I like face to face sales since it's cash in hand and people can try before buying it.  No e-mail or call back claiming it doesn't work, etc.

Dec 9, 2012 at 2:44 PM Post #13 of 66
Sooo happy that I found this thread!
I'll be dropping by headfoneshop next time I'm in Toronto.

Would any of you know of a place where you can sell / trade Headphones?
Since I don't have any Trader Feedback, I don't think Head-Fi is a viable route.
Thinking about replacing my HE-500's...

canuckaudiomart.com, its good website, i got my audeze lcd-2, little dot dac and little dot mk 4 from there.

Dec 9, 2012 at 2:51 PM Post #14 of 66
For online, electronicsforless.ca is good website to buy headphone.

Dec 9, 2012 at 3:04 PM Post #15 of 66
Quote:
I bought the SRH1840 from another local dealer for $649 + hst when they were first released at $799

$699 seems to be the going price now, so you didn't overpay 
happy_face1.gif

when did you bought yours? i know currently you can buy them for under 700 dollars but around March 2012, they were expensive,nvm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back