Audio Science Review AES Paper Presentation on Audio DACs
Dec 12, 2023 at 2:55 AM Post #31 of 60
I thought you stated you weren’t “playing”?! But “yawn” indeed, the same old bigshot, trolling people/threads when called out on some BS. You could have apologised or simply stopped responding (“playing”) if you’re not man enough to apologise but no.

G

Dec 12, 2023 at 2:59 AM Post #32 of 60

Dec 12, 2023 at 5:32 AM Post #34 of 60
Well done on trolling/trashing yet another interesting sound science discussion/thread. You must be very happy with yourself.

G

Dec 12, 2023 at 8:18 AM Post #35 of 60
@bigshot, stop trolling
@gregorio, stop proving him right. Replying to just about any taunt is clearly not helping.

About Amir's standards for audibility, I remember arguing with him along with you guys some years back, and while it's his choice and there is nothing wrong with it, I agree with Greg that the results aren't meaningful for "normal" consumer listening.

Dec 12, 2023 at 8:47 AM Post #36 of 60
I am not trolling. Just typing zero isn’t trolling. Quoting his trolling to point it out as trolling isn’t trolling. My mere presence in this forum isn’t trolling. I’ve been polite all things considered. I understand he has problems interacting with others, but I’m not responsible for his vitriol. You can feel free to tell him to stop replying to me, but I’ve been telling him that for over a year and he ignores the request. He can’t control himself. He feels threatened by me and he lashes out. This behavior is typical of people with his personality type. And turning it around and trying to make his own lack of control someone else’s fault is another one of those traits. He ticks off all the boxes. I refuse to accept responsibility for his problems. It’s a shame because he has so much to offer, but he ruins it with his insecurity.

If you want this to stop, nip it in the bud the second he starts attacking me personally. Don’t wait until he’s ramped it up to absurd levels and then blame me for standing my ground against it. I don’t have to take abuse.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2023 at 9:46 AM Post #37 of 60
I am not trolling. Just typing zero isn’t trolling. Quoting his trolling to point it out as trolling isn’t trolling. My mere presence in this forum isn’t trolling. I’ve been polite all things considered. I understand he has problems interacting with others, but I’m not responsible for his vitriol. You can feel free to tell him to stop replying to me, but I’ve been telling him that for over a year and he ignores the request. He can’t control himself. He feels threatened by me and he lashes out. This behavior is typical of people with his personality type. And turning it around and trying to make his own lack of control someone else’s fault is another one of those traits. He ticks off all the boxes. I refuse to accept responsibility for his problems. It’s a shame because he has so much to offer, but he ruins it with his insecurity.

If you want this to stop, nip it in the bud the second he starts attacking me personally. Don’t wait until he’s ramped it up to absurd levels and then blame me for standing my ground against it. I don’t have to take abuse.
You definitely did not qualify your initial statement as an opinion, it very clearly came off to me as a definitive conclusion. I won't say anymore than that since I don't know any of the parties, but I can see why both of you hold the positions you do. You two have different goals in mind.

Gregorio strikes me as a type 3w4. His phrasing, demeanor, and apparent situation certainly seem to me to indicate that. If I'm right about that, that means he's not particularly looking for control for it's own sake, he's looking to hold people to his own sense of integrity because it bolsters his sense of worth. I would say he's not as vulnerable to insecurity in that sense, he would classically be more vulnerable to detachment from himself and his own emotions because type 3s typically are driven by outer loci.

Not a definitive read by any means, just going off of my interactions with him thus far.

Dec 12, 2023 at 9:58 AM Post #38 of 60
My opinion is what I always state. You can decide if you agree or not, but there is no reason for anyone to go off like that.

Dec 12, 2023 at 10:03 AM Post #39 of 60
I’ve been polite all things considered.
Sure you have. Posting personal opinions as facts and then doubling down on it in a science discussion forum is NOT polite in the slightest and neither is stating someone is “deliberately cheating”.
You can feel free to tell him to stop replying to me, but I’ve been telling him that for over a year and he ignores the request.
Duh, of course I ignore your request, this is the sound science forum if you post BS, then I’m going to respond.
He can’t control himself.
You control yourself from posting BS and then I’ll control myself from responding!
I refuse to accept responsibility for his problems.
And your own unfortunately!
My opinion is what I always state.
Then you’re in the wrong forum, this is NOT the “Bigshot’s Opinion“ forum, it’s the sound science forum. How many times?!

G

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2023 at 10:17 AM Post #40 of 60
My opinion is what I always state. You can decide if you agree or not, but there is no reason for anyone to go off like that.
That's fair, but someone like me has no personal relationship with you, so we can't read nonverbals and subtext that well to understand when you are opining or stating a fact from your perspective. The way you worded your assessment was in the form of factual assertion and it was quite aggressive, you have to understand that's going to draw out some energy back in your direction.

From what I've seen of you, you have a strong streak of disagreeableness with some impulsiveness. Far be it from me to say that's a bad thing, but that combination of traits is going to invite conflict.

Dec 12, 2023 at 11:48 AM Post #41 of 60
Why does this conversation have to be about me? Is there nothing better to talk about?

Move on.

Dec 12, 2023 at 12:08 PM Post #42 of 60
For goodness sakes guys, it is an informal internet forum, settle down.

I think it goes without saying that things that are stated are just a persons point of view unless qualified as fact with accompanying evidence. This might be a science based forum but it isn’t a formal lecture series or some such where one should have to be absolutely clear to define their position on a subject before beginning their presentation.

And frankly does it really matter terribly if there is a bit if uncertainty over opinion versus fact on a point ? Ask the question like an adult, clear up the point and move on.

I don’t know anything about any of the gentleman that seem to be the ‘heavy hitters’ in the Sound Science forum but having lurked for about a year and read through various discussions it is extremely apparent that gregorio just can’t help but pick on anything and everything to demonstrate that others are wrong and he is therefore right. His lists of quotes and his arguments are littered throughout the forums here. I don’t know nor care what personality trait brings that on but it doesn’t make for a particularly friendly feel. I know that he probably doesn’t care about getting on with others and his motivations lie elsewhere but I don’t see why others should be made to feel that they are expected to tippy toe around him and his need to pick at every little thing he can latch onto in an attempt to prove himself right and therefore apparently ‘superior’.

I thought that I might take something from popping a comment in the Sound Science forum now and then but all it becomes is annoying because of this type of nonsense. I assumed initially it would be free of the BS that pervades so much of Head Fi but I was clearly wrong.

Dec 12, 2023 at 12:28 PM Post #43 of 60
Gregorio will concede an argument if he is satisfied by sufficient argumentation/evidence, a narcissist would never do that, machiavellians and psychopaths will only do that if they calculate their opponents to be immune to manipulation or that their position is materially untenable.
He's disagreeable and sometimes interprets words/phrases a bit strangely sure, but he's not suffering from dark triad issues that I can see.

No one I've seen here outside the airdropping trolls now and then are intellectually dishonest. A little friction is going to happen between disagreeable people, IMO it's healthy and no big deal.

Dec 12, 2023 at 12:38 PM Post #44 of 60
I would prefer to discuss home audio.

Dec 12, 2023 at 12:42 PM Post #45 of 60
Gregorio will concede an argument if he is satisfied by sufficient argumentation/evidence, a narcissist would never do that, machiavellians and psychopaths will only do that if they calculate their opponents to be immune to manipulation or that their position is materially untenable.
He's disagreeable and sometimes interprets words/phrases a bit strangely sure, but he's not suffering from dark triad issues that I can see.

No one I've seen here outside the airdropping trolls now and then are intellectually dishonest. A little friction is going to happen between disagreeable people, IMO it's healthy and no big deal.

Perhaps he might be better off learning to simply not feel he has to argue or not continue an argument rather than having to be proven wrong such that he might then “concede”.

Anyhow, I said my piece and I am done.

I dipped my toes in Sound Science here and there and concluded it isn’t for me. It seems to be as much about egos as science.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back