Audio receiver or pre/pro headphone compatibility?
Oct 13, 2012 at 9:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

PeterK53

New Head-Fier
I have been trying to find specs on various receivers and pre/pros for their headphone outputs but none are posted that I have found. Any idea what ohm rating I should be looking at? Would think they would be able to power high resistance headphones but don't know for sure. Trying to pick some headphones but don't want to make a mistake.
Thanks!

Oct 13, 2012 at 10:59 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:
I have been trying to find specs on various receivers and pre/pros for their headphone outputs but none are posted that I have found. Any idea what ohm rating I should be looking at? Would think they would be able to power high resistance headphones but don't know for sure. Trying to pick some headphones but don't want to make a mistake.
Thanks!

250-Ohm headphone would seem like a good Ohm for use with receivers
What is your budget for headphones?

Oct 14, 2012 at 8:45 AM Post #3 of 3
Thanks for the reply.
Thinking $300 tops but could stretch to $400 if worthwhile.
Will be a one-time purchase - not looking to replace later at my age. :)
Old rock, pop, jazz, bluegrass, blu-ray concerts, etc. Anything but country, rap, classical.
Looking online at Sennheiser and Denon models.
Have an older - really old - Pioneer closed can set. Have tried some on ear years ago that I liked. Living in a high humidity area, closed is kind of a pain with sweating so thinking some other design. Sennheiser HD598 or HD25-1? Others?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back