Audio rack recommend
Apr 26, 2021 at 1:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

tatsumaru

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,
I currently have an audio streamer, headphone amp, dac and a dedicated headphone that's just for listening to music.
As of now all of my gear sits on my desk and is cluttering my space too much.
Could you please recommend me some kind of audio rack or a similar contraption that I could place next to my desk and place all of my audio gear on that rack so I can declutter my desk space? It would be nice if it has some sort of headphone stand or hook too.
Thanks.

Apr 27, 2021 at 7:05 PM Post #2 of 2
If you have a small stack or small footprint gear you can sometimes get some help with a simple monitor stand. Take a look at the blue gimmeheadroom link in my sig. It kinda shows my desktop in a horrible quality photo. My 2 channel rig and other setups are not shown.

For portable gear there are some plastic racks designed for ifi or schiit but they work fine with similarly sized components.

For bigger items you might have to think about a real stereo rack (shelving) and there is no limit to the variety.

I had stereo shelving of some kind or another for over 40 years and I was never happy with it because it is hard to get behind the gear. You have to set it up once and every change is painful. Next time I get something it will be a real 19 inch rack where I have access to the front for using and back for cabling.

If you have a lot of room in your house then you can orient your shelving so you can get behind it. But many places I lived I don't have that option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back