AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard for Computer Audio
Mar 22, 2017 at 11:44 PM Post #2,971 of 3,694
Help Needed.....

I can see the Rednet3 , i can change the bit rate but seems like there is no green speaker connected to my pc.....all 8 states not connected sign....any idea how to make it green...

as per dante it says :An error has occurred - for example, there is insufficient bandwidth to establish the subscription:

RN3 and PC are directly connected and i can see RN3 has 169 ip address ...

V

Try going into Dante Virtual Soundcard and make sure the button says 'Stop', and not 'Start'. If it reads 'Start', you need to press that button.

Mar 23, 2017 at 12:08 AM Post #2,974 of 3,694
  Post some screen shots of Dante controller. Will have to look at it tomorrow morning (unless someone else can help you).

changed everything to 44.1 and it works....i was trying to go through the Mutec 3+ but the signal was not passing now directly to yggy is going fine.

can anyone point me to where to find how to set mutec 3 to take the AES input and output through AES to yggy...

Mar 23, 2017 at 4:19 AM Post #2,975 of 3,694
  changed everything to 44.1 and it works....i was trying to go through the Mutec 3+ but the signal was not passing now directly to yggy is going fine.

can anyone point me to where to find how to set mutec 3 to take the AES input and output through AES to yggy...

How is the 3+ configured?
IOW what front panel led's are lit up?

JJ

Mar 23, 2017 at 11:56 AM Post #2,977 of 3,694
Here is a pic

Its is now set to use the USB input and apply automatic DOP to PCM conversion on the USB input.
Just change the setting of the reference column to the input you have your audio signal on.

Mar 23, 2017 at 2:01 PM Post #2,978 of 3,694
Finally, after what seemed like forever (just over 2 months), my D16 has been changed to run from an external LPS.

Too early to give any real impressions, other than to say I really like what I'm hearing. If I had to describe the initial changes, it would mirror exactly what johnjen has said.

I can safely say, these are real changes, not 'I think it sounds better' type of change.

Starting with the LPS (Meiyan S130), the 2-pin connector was changed to 3-pins (3rd pin was to add earth ground). Common ground (-) was also connected to earth ground. I won't get into the common ground/earth ground debate, but will say the guy doing the repair was adamant it needed to be done. LPS has a floating ground (had).

Back of LPS showing 3-pins. There are photos in this forum showing what the LPS looked like prior to these changes.

Rewired D16. Changed the filtered IEC 3-prong connector to basic 3-prong connector and attached internal wires to it.
I asked him to leave the original SMPS in the D16, but I guess he forgot. Shouldn't be to difficult to put it back if I need to (no real plans to do so at this point).

Showing both units connected together. Word of caution - if a normal power cable was plugged into the D16 at this point, it would most definitely get fried.

Mar 23, 2017 at 9:59 PM Post #2,980 of 3,694
  Finally, after what seemed like forever (just over 2 months), my D16 has been changed to run from an external LPS.

Too early to give any real impressions, other than to say I really like what I'm hearing. If I had to describe the initial changes, it would mirror exactly what johnjen has said.

I can safely say, these are real changes, not 'I think it sounds better' type of change.

Starting with the LPS (Meiyan S130), the 2-pin connector was changed to 3-pins (3rd pin was to add earth ground). Common ground (-) was also connected to earth ground. I won't get into the common ground/earth ground debate, but will say the guy doing the repair was adamant it needed to be done. LPS has a floating ground (had).

Back of LPS showing 3-pins. There are photos in this forum showing what the LPS looked like prior to these changes.

Rewired D16. Changed the filtered IEC 3-prong connector to basic 3-prong connector and attached internal wires to it.
I asked him to leave the original SMPS in the D16, but I guess he forgot. Shouldn't be to difficult to put it back if I need to (no real plans to do so at this point).

Showing both units connected together. Word of caution - if a normal power cable was plugged into the D16 at this point, it would most definitely get fried.

Very clever and can be easily switched back. where did you get the multipin connector?

Mar 23, 2017 at 10:21 PM Post #2,982 of 3,694
Thanks. I have some of those. I have used them for a lot of projects. Even Radio Shack used to carry them. Anyone remember Radio Shack? :)

I was thinking of the PCB board mounted connector. I found the part numbers in the DIY thread though.

Best,

Paul

Mar 23, 2017 at 10:32 PM Post #2,983 of 3,694
  Thanks. I have some of those. I have used them for a lot of projects. Even Radio Shack used to carry them. Anyone remember Radio Shack? :)

I was thinking of the PCB board mounted connector. I found the part numbers in the DIY thread though.

Best,

Paul

OK, sorry about that. 2 parts, the header and the pins (think I posted them in JJ's DIY cookbook thread).

Mar 24, 2017 at 3:07 AM Post #2,984 of 3,694
Am I missing something ?

Still nothing comes out as audio

Try changing your 'MODE' to only re-clock and see if that makes the magic happen.
Also you're set to 96KHz, is that what you're feeding it?

JJ

Mar 24, 2017 at 3:33 AM Post #2,985 of 3,694
  Try changing your 'MODE' to only re-clock and see if that makes the magic happen.
Also you're set to 96KHz, is that what you're feeding it?

JJ

The picture shows that it has a lock on the incoming audio signal. The mutec cannot be 'set' to a certain frequency, what's coming in, is what is sent out.
The settings are just fine now: "reclocking the audio signal using the internal clock", input selected is the AES-input. There is an audio signal, mutec clock has a lock on the signal, output is sent out in 96kHz.

So if there is still no sound, I would check the cabling to and settings of the next devices in the chain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back