Audio-Opus OPUS #11
Jan 4, 2017 at 5:38 PM Post #124 of 229
Are you referring to USB Audio Player Pro?
I could not get my LG v20 to output any sound, even though the App did pick up the hardware.
Thanks
Edit: Developer of the App has fixed the issue of not working with the LG V20. Awesome support which now ensures compatibility with the LG V20.

Jan 13, 2017 at 4:30 AM Post #125 of 229
I have a question. If i am going to use the #11 as dac and connect it to my desktop amp for more power hungry headphones, is there a lineout option or this can only be use together with smartphone and iem?

Feb 6, 2017 at 11:18 AM Post #128 of 229
That's the Shanling M1 right? How's the sound?
I am really tempted to purchase the M1 with a possible mojo pair up.
But if the #11 provides much more value (considering the price difference with the Mojo), then I am really excited to buy the Opus!

Yes, it's the M1. Imo the #11 represent a better value than the Mojo but this is extremely subjective. Not only does sound preferences matter but also how much you're willing to pay for better sound and how much better it really is.....

Feb 8, 2017 at 8:45 PM Post #129 of 229
Hi, need advise please.
My stock otg cable is broken. Where can I buy one that's similar? Need one that won't drain battery from my phone?
I bought one from AliExpress,it works but my Android phone is charging my opus. Thanks!

Feb 9, 2017 at 1:22 AM Post #130 of 229
Hi, need advise please.
My stock otg cable is broken. Where can I buy one that's similar? Need one that won't drain battery from my phone?
I bought one from AliExpress,it works but my Android phone is charging my opus. Thanks!

I believe it's the same as the ones FiiO uses with their DAPs. At least it looks and work identical.

Feb 9, 2017 at 8:09 PM Post #131 of 229
I believe it's the same as the ones FiiO uses with their DAPs. At least it looks and work identical.

Thanks! Any idea where can I order one? Tried eBay,Amazon,and AliExpress but to no avail.

I've also checked with opus,their stock one shipping is us20 to Singapore :frowning2:

Feb 10, 2017 at 12:18 AM Post #132 of 229
Yes, it's the M1. Imo the #11 represent a better value than the Mojo but this is extremely subjective. Not only does sound preferences matter but also how much you're willing to pay for better sound and how much better it really is.....

Thanks Peter

So I haven't had the time to research the #11 further but a friend told me that the Opus do not have a volume control. Meaning that the volume must be set from the source (DAP or mobile phone).
Is this true?

Feb 10, 2017 at 12:21 AM Post #133 of 229
Thanks Peter

So I haven't had the time to research the #11 further but a friend told me that the Opus do not have a volume control. Meaning that the volume must be set from the source (DAP or mobile phone).
Is this true?

Yes, that's true. As with all such devices I've used, Opus #11 is best used with a third party music app with fine grained volume control baked into the app.

KaiserTone on iOS and UAPP on Android work well...

Feb 10, 2017 at 12:24 AM Post #134 of 229
Yes, that's true. As with all such devices I've used, Opus #11 is best used with a third party music app with fine grained volume control baked into the app.

KaiserTone on iOS and UAPP on Android work well...

I see.

Well if I would buy a dac-amp, it would be used to be paired with a DAP or plug it to my PC.
I am interested to know more about the experience of pairing it w/ a DAP and playing the volume. Is it simple/straight forward exp?

Feb 10, 2017 at 12:43 AM Post #135 of 229
Thanks! Any idea where can I order one? Tried eBay,Amazon,and AliExpress but to no avail.

I've also checked with opus,their stock one shipping is us20 to Singapore :frowning2:

Hmm, I bought mine from the FiiO store on Aliexpress but I see now that they don't list it anymore. Maybe contact FiiO directly?

I see.

Well if I would buy a dac-amp, it would be used to be paired with a DAP or plug it to my PC.
I am interested to know more about the experience of pairing it w/ a DAP and playing the volume. Is it simple/straight forward exp?

In my experience this is very simple and no less straight forward than to change the sound on the DAP itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back