AUDIO INTERFACE | Microphone + Headphone
Jan 5, 2021 at 1:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Emigo

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I'm pretty new to hi-fi and audio but I was wondering what good audio interface would be good for under 100$usd.

I have currently an At2020 Microphone + HyperX Cloud Core Headphone.

If you guys have recommandation that would be appreciated, if not I was thinking about buying one of those 3 ( Mackie Oryx Artist 1-2, Steinberg UR12, Native Instruments KA1). What would be the better choice.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2021 at 3:42 PM Post #2 of 7
Are you into Audio production (creating, mixing, edit, etc), otherwise you can get an external DAC/amp or sound card?

Jan 5, 2021 at 5:52 PM Post #4 of 7
No I'm not into Audio prod, but I want to have a little bit of control over my microphone, headphone and speaker too. I want to find something with an XLR port, Headphone port and one for my speakers too.
If you are working on a computer, you can do 99% of that using software - on a Mac, use the 'Audio MIDI Setup' tool, which allows you to create aggregate devices and control levels for downmix and outputs. Windows has no native support, but you can get (cheap) software like ASIOeverywhere that will do the same thing - then you can use a cheap mic interface for your XLR mics and do all the heavy lifting on the computer.

Jan 5, 2021 at 5:53 PM Post #5 of 7
Focusrite Scarlett Solo is pretty well-regarded for the price, slightly above your budget though

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2021 at 4:32 PM Post #7 of 7
I have the Mackie, and I also have the Motu M2. The Motu isn't much more expensive and sounds a lot better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back