Audio in Bejing
Apr 22, 2012 at 8:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Csericks

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm not sure if this is the best forum but - My wife will be traveling Bejing.  Any suggestions for audio shopping?

Apr 23, 2012 at 9:01 AM Post #2 of 3
The main audio stores are really far away from the city, I don't think your wife would be passing by there to do some shopping. You would spend a whole day going there, finding the right shops in a street full of buildings that sell electronics, and going back to the city. 

But to ease finding, I recommend going to Zhong Guan Cun (Its an entire street of buildings, and within each building it is filled from head to toe with various electronic goodies) electronics market near the North Fourth Ring Road at Zhong Guan Cun Road. Unfortunately I cannot tell you the exact locations of various audio shops because I haven't been back there for years (my grandparents' house at Beijing is literally on the other side of the city).

If your wife doesn't know Chinese then I wouldn't recommend her going there though...

Apr 23, 2012 at 11:11 AM Post #3 of 3
Thanks!  Are there particular items that a person might look for that are not readily available in the US?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back