Audio historians: Technics SL-XP470 ?
Jan 11, 2002 at 5:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

wab

500+ Head-Fier
In my search for a nice PCDP I came across a used Technics SL-XP470. It's supposed to be about five years old and one of the most expensive portable CDP's around at that time. Anyone have experiences with it? Any and all info is welcome!

Jan 11, 2002 at 6:15 PM Post #3 of 7
Looks like the remote has *one* button... must be a Mac design
tongue.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 12, 2002 at 1:39 AM Post #4 of 7
Technics is just Panasonic. The players are marketed on different areas with those names. The serial numbers are actually the same (or at least, I think they are the same) than the corresponding Panasonic model. You can look for info on this player in Google and perhaps you'll find a bunch of data. Take care.

BTW, it looks really nice.

Jan 12, 2002 at 2:22 PM Post #5 of 7
Onix, I did a search with google (also in the usenet archives) but nothing usefull came up. The seller claims it sold for about $300 new and he's selling it now for only $40.

Jan 12, 2002 at 10:36 PM Post #6 of 7
That player is the Japanese version of a Panasonic, but I can't really tell which one. I'll keep checking.

Jan 12, 2002 at 11:09 PM Post #7 of 7
Well, I can't find that much info about that player, except that there are a buch of them for sale. Anyway, I think the price is okay, since similar Panasonic models (remember, Panasonic=Matsh****a=Technics) are very well built and have great sound. You could have a problem playing CD-Rs and I am allmost 90% sure that you wont be able to play CD-RWs. There are some issues with other Technics players regarding the headphone jack having intermitent sound after some time, but if it's okay I say go for it.

And don't forget to let us know how much you like it. Best of luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back