Audio GD SA-31 head amp/ preamp . A powerfull Head Amp with Diamond Difference design .
Jul 20, 2013 at 4:03 AM Post #301 of 444
The SA-31 easy modify to SA-31SE, the mother board even don't want take off. All operates are on the top side.
If anyone have some DIY experiences , waiting some users reviews , if improved on the SA-31SE, can contact us for discuss the modify.

Jul 20, 2013 at 11:27 AM Post #302 of 444
Kingwa, I'm a bit confused. is the low gain level not affected in the SA-31 SE? Is the "dB" boost only in high gain, correct?

I would be interested in the DIY upgrade, and can post photos/tutorial here. Maybe I can buy the parts with my next order.

Aug 1, 2013 at 4:22 PM Post #303 of 444
After consulted some folks regarding this amp, I placed order just when the newer SA-31SE announced. Obviously I am in the first batch of SE version, and it finally arrived yesterday. It is still in burn-in period, and I have already found that my HD650 and HD800 sound very great with the "warm 1" setting.

Aug 2, 2013 at 10:26 AM Post #304 of 444
After consulted some folks regarding this amp, I placed order just when the newer SA-31SE announced. Obviously I am in the first batch of SE version, and it finally arrived yesterday. It is still in burn-in period, and I have already found that my HD650 and HD800 sound very great with the "warm 1" setting.

Congratulations! It's a great amp. I look forward to hearing more about it, especially the new volume control. Gotta decide if I should update mine.

Maybe unnecessary because I only use low gain?

Aug 2, 2013 at 12:54 PM Post #305 of 444
Quote:
Congratulations! It's a great amp. I look forward to hearing more about it, especially the new volume control. Gotta decide if I should update mine.

Since I haven't the original version so I couldn't give out any regarding the changes, however, I noticed some users required higher gain then this SE version will be able to satisfy. It drives my 600ohm T1 very well, even without switch to high gain.

Aug 2, 2013 at 2:12 PM Post #306 of 444
Quote:

+1 on hearing more about the new volume control.  Since I don't listen at loud volumes and also want to use it for a variety of cans it would be pretty important that it doesn't get too loud too fast on low gain.

Aug 7, 2013 at 7:57 AM Post #307 of 444
Did anyone purchase this amp for their Grados?

I'm thinking about getting the SA-31 and using it as an amp for my RS2-i and my Cyrus CD player.  From the specs there's TONS of power for 32 ohm cans but I want to hear if this amp cause any musicial improvements on their Grados.

Aug 16, 2013 at 11:07 AM Post #309 of 444
If anyone is interested, I have my SA-31 up for sale in the classifieds:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/675919/audio-gd-sa-31-diamond-differential-amplifier-pre-amp-wow-this-thing-is-awesome

Aug 16, 2013 at 11:33 AM Post #310 of 444
Quote:
any more impressions about pairing sa-31 with he-4 ? I am gonna pick this one or new precision 1 ...

Excellent pairing with the SA-31 on "warm 2" setting.

Very fast and detailed sound which suits fast paced genre the best, but also works very nice on most genre due to the added warmth in the mids (SA-31).

Aug 16, 2013 at 12:57 PM Post #311 of 444
Quote:

Excellent pairing with the SA-31 on "warm 2" setting.

Very fast and detailed sound which suits fast paced genre the best, but also works very nice on most genre due to the added warmth in the mids (SA-31).

thanks for an info !

Have you tried any other amps from audio-gd with he-4 ? I am looking for something with mids from EF-5 but with power, bass and highs from Lyr for my HE-4 ...

Oct 1, 2013 at 12:26 AM Post #312 of 444
Ordered the SA-31SE today-looking forward to hearing it with my HD800s. I still have fond memories of my old C2-SA from years ago-which is still the best amp I ever heard with my T1s and AD2000s. Will be pairing with the DP-1 for the time being.

-Daniel

Oct 1, 2013 at 1:32 AM Post #313 of 444
  Ordered the SA-31SE today-looking forward to hearing it with my HD800s. I still have fond memories of my old C2-SA from years ago-which is still the best amp I ever heard with my T1s and AD2000s. Will be pairing with the DP-1 for the time being.

-Daniel

In theory that combo should have good synergy, the SA-31 is fairly warm and powerful. I look forward to your impressions.

Oct 1, 2013 at 3:08 AM Post #314 of 444
  In theory that combo should have good synergy, the SA-31 is fairly warm and powerful. I look forward to your impressions.

The SA-31 is not THAT warm, even on the warmest setting. The M-Stage is much warmer, especially with the OPA627.
Powerfull it surely is, though 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back