Audio-gd R2R DAC Thread
Apr 19, 2023 at 7:49 AM Post #1,083 of 1,314
R1 Just received! A real lifelike experience to me! Do you suggest keep It with Power switch on? I suppose that should be best to keep clock stability?thanxs
I turn off my system mostly from monday/thursday. Turn it on thursday to warm up friday

Apr 20, 2023 at 7:09 AM Post #1,084 of 1,314
I turn off my system mostly from monday/thursday. Turn it on thursday to warm up friday
Lucky one. We have country-wide scheduled power blackouts every 6 hours for 2hours or 4hours. If a blackout lasts 4 hours, the next power cut comes not in 6 hours, but 4 hours (50/50). Ukraine with the old post Soviets power generators (they didn't build any themseves) gives better power delivery despite of a war.

All South African Audio GD users disappeared from the forum, as listening pleasure has deteriorated, we also have other things to do when power comes back. :frowning2:

@Ubik2020. Unfortunately ultra-low jitter clocks need more time to stabilise. After initial two weeks of constant sound improvement there are noticed fluctuations of SQ. 500 hours burning bring stabilisation, then it is fine to switch off equipment overnight.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2023 at 8:08 AM Post #1,085 of 1,314
Most of the escalators in the metro (subway) in Prague and probably elswhere in the country, are also Russian-built. It's amazing how steep and fast they are. Seem to be pretty reliable.

Apr 30, 2023 at 11:53 AM Post #1,086 of 1,314
Hi guys, I've just buyed an Audio GD r2r1 DAC. Tried to connect my USB Reclocker on it, SOtM tX-USBhubEx, but it doesn't work! The DAC perfectly worked without the reclocker. Do I miss something? Such reclocker is usefull or not for this kind of DAC? Thank you for your help

Apr 30, 2023 at 12:01 PM Post #1,087 of 1,314
Hi guys, I've just buyed an Audio GD r2r1 DAC. Tried to connect my USB Reclocker on it, SOtM tX-USBhubEx, but it doesn't work! The DAC perfectly worked without the reclocker. Do I miss something? Such reclocker is usefull or not for this kind of DAC? Thank you for your help
What are you reclocking, source?

if pc/computer you have to choose the sotm audio driver.

Apr 30, 2023 at 12:04 PM Post #1,088 of 1,314
Source is SOTM SMS 200 Neo straemer, everything was ok with me previous Gustard DAC

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2023 at 1:06 PM Post #1,089 of 1,314
Which model DAC exactly?

Apr 30, 2023 at 1:36 PM Post #1,090 of 1,314
I also have a reclocker(ideon mk2) I will try it with DI20HE as soon as my setup is ready for it

Apr 30, 2023 at 1:36 PM Post #1,091 of 1,314
Resolved: i had to activate power switch on USB out of reclocker !!

Apr 30, 2023 at 2:08 PM Post #1,092 of 1,314
I also have a reclocker(ideon mk2) I will try it with DI20HE as soon as my setup is ready for it

How? If over a signal interface, it certainly works as expected. I have no idea what this discussion is about.

Apr 30, 2023 at 2:25 PM Post #1,093 of 1,314
How? If over a signal interface, it certainly works as expected. I have no idea what this discussion is about.
🤣 its just an extra “ddc” on the line😅

Some people do it. Im only interested as said before to check how good the di20he is isolated

Apr 30, 2023 at 2:37 PM Post #1,094 of 1,314
🤣 its just an extra “ddc” on the line😅

Some people do it. Im only interested as said before to check how good the di20he is isolated

I still don't understand. What exactly is the configuration?

Apr 30, 2023 at 6:20 PM Post #1,095 of 1,314
The R-1 has arrived.
Had to download the Amereno Combo 384 driver before my computer acknowledged the DAC.
Now, I am getting a piercing pink noise that interrupts the music and eventually overtakes it.
Have rebooted the computer, reinstalled the USB driver on several occasions, but still getting that sharp pink noise.
Any ideas?
Hi, don't panic.

What music player(s) are you using?
What input(s) on the R-1 are you using?
What computer are you using (Windows, Mac etc.)
Hello, I'm getting the same issue with mac - qobuz (audirvana out) to the dac via USB then to amps (I've tried a few) and have gotten the same fuzzy/pink/white noise with cessation of music playback. Any advice for mac users? thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back