Audio GD Precision 2 Speaker / Headphone Amplifier
May 22, 2018 at 10:43 AM Post #31 of 33
Hello friends! I have a question regarding the use of this device in conjunction with loudspeakers. I will not use it as an amplifier for headphones.
I would like to ask (know) the moments regarding how it works? Does the amplifier have clicks when turned on? How does the volume knob work? Volume control the relay? Are there any nuances in the work? Does it heat strongly? I understand that the amplifier works in class A?
Do you advise it when buying at a price of $ 1300?

May 23, 2018 at 5:51 AM Post #33 of 33
Yes it has a slight click upon switching on.
In linear manner - you need to turn it quite a few turns to reach your desired volume level. Starts up from 0 always.
If I recall it's A class at low power. Then A/B all the way up.
My version has a jack and a XLR 4 pin on the front. Later models had 2 jacks on the pictures. No idea if they changed anything.
I got pretty hot during the summer with no air conditioning. The room ambient was about 30C once. I used to cool it with a room floor standing fan afterwards - solved the problem.
With the price of 1300 usd I was totally happy - since that fitted my budget perfectly. Couldn't find anything even close to it's price/value. On the other side I didn't have anything better for speakers to compare to so i can not advice. It's your decision and your budget).
Nothing really happened since I bought it - still works fine for everyday use PC->AGD NFB1->P2->Focal Aria 948

Users who are viewing this thread

Back