Audio GD NFB6
Apr 17, 2012 at 9:14 PM Post #3 of 127

Quote:
Kingwa has sent me a review sample and I should have it by the end of the week. I am looking forward to this unit and will post impressions in a few weeks

What other headamps do you have to compare the NFB-6 with? Do you have the Master 6 for comparison? That would make things interesting!

Apr 18, 2012 at 1:18 PM Post #6 of 127
Remember Frank-most of Audio gd's offerings require a LOT of burnin to reach their peak potential. Think at least 3-400 hours on top of the hundred Kingwa does. But remember:

Looking forward to your impressions!

-Daniel

Apr 19, 2012 at 2:58 AM Post #10 of 127
Mine will be arriving either today or tomorrow. Don't have any decent headphones right now to test (returned HE-500 for their bad built quality). Pro 2900 only but they don't need a lot juice though. Waiting for HD 700 to arrive and see how they do. 

Apr 20, 2012 at 3:19 AM Post #13 of 127
Hi all,

It seems than I am one of the very firsts to get the NFB-6 unit !
It just arrived yesterday. I am more a "floor standing speaker" listener than a "head fi"-er , I ordered the NFB-6 to be used as a PRE AMP.
I discovered AudioGD products when I was looking for a good DAC.
I ordered the REF7 and later the NFB1-WM.

I was hoping that the NFB-6 would be on the same level as the Promitheus TVC Passive PRE AMP I used and will add a remote to control the volume !
the TVC is reviewed here :
http://www.enjoythemusic.com/Magazine/equipment/0407/promitheus_audio_tvc_se.htm
"The nature of its design results in total and complete transparency."

My complete system consists of :
Source : Squeezebox Touch ( TT3.0 Mod )
DAC : AudioGD NFB1-WM
PRE : AudioGD NFB-6 ACSS mode (in replacement of the TVC)
AMPS : DiY Hiraga "Le Monstre" 8W (mids + highs) / XTZ Sub Amp1 (for basses)
SPEAKERS : Bastanis Mandala ( 12" wideband Open Baffle design with no filter + 18" Bass Dipoles)

My firsts listenings :
I was surprised that just out of the box the NFB-6 is better than my TVC.
Everything is more detailed, there is more air, micro details appeared.
I was thinking that no PRE AMP can be more transparent than the TVC as it consists just of transformers ... It seems that I am wrong.

I also made a short listening session with my AKG701, but I have no other reference than my computer X-FI sound card, so there was no challenge.

The NFB-6 needs some burning to get its full potential, so wait and see (and listen !)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back