Audio-gd NFB-29 (Single Ended Master Race lol)
Jan 17, 2015 at 4:58 AM Post #76 of 137
Have any of you guys who own the NFB29 heard the HA-1 and can make a sound comparison? I currently have a he500 and k7xx driven by a NFB15. The HA-1 really made my he500s sound as i think they should. Much clearer/better detail with improved sound stage and imaging. Treble was better too. Been looking at the audio gd ess9018 dac/amps as im wanting to stick with kingwa's products!

Jan 17, 2015 at 5:27 PM Post #77 of 137
Noooope... Sorry but I only own this marvellous NFB-29.

Just one nick, be sure your PC soundcard's compatible with ASIO since if you want to listen at any DSD files it won't work...
mad.gif

I'm actually using it through JRIVER and wasapi. Not that bad at all but with no DSD/DXD capabilities.

Cheers.

Jan 18, 2015 at 5:12 PM Post #78 of 137
  Noooope... Sorry but I only own this marvellous NFB-29.

Just one nick, be sure your PC soundcard's compatible with ASIO since if you want to listen at any DSD files it won't work...
mad.gif

I'm actually using it through JRIVER and wasapi. Not that bad at all but with no DSD/DXD capabilities.

Cheers.

what cans is your nfb29 driving? i have no need for dsd

Jan 19, 2015 at 7:50 AM Post #79 of 137
  what cans is your nfb29 driving? i have no need for dsd

You can see it in my firm.
wink_face.gif

I proudly own some Westones W40, Beyer T51p, B&W P7, Senn HD650, Grado PS500 and Denon AH-D7000.

Cheers.

Jan 24, 2015 at 11:57 PM Post #80 of 137
No issues with DSD in foobar here!

Feb 5, 2015 at 2:19 PM Post #81 of 137
i would like to pull the trigger, however i'm little afraid of this brand's  idiosyncrasies, especially with the drivers.... i had, until 3 days ago, the NFB 11 (2014) and felt that with the latest driver (out since last week) the problems (eg Blue screens) were over ... but, today some users reported again issues, even  after installing it ... hmmm ...

Feb 21, 2015 at 2:55 AM Post #82 of 137
Do give a try to the nfb29. It sounds like heaven but also DO install JRiver MC20. No more blue screens to be seen in my pc... Playing dsd through wasapi up to 384khz.

Kingwa's hardware seems to be at a really good level but software still needs to be debugged,refined to pair with his amp/dacs.

Cheers.

Feb 21, 2015 at 3:49 PM Post #83 of 137
I have noticed that Audio-Gd has come up with a 2015 version of the NFB-29. Since I'm not interested in the I2S input, could any early adopter confirm whether the BNC input on the original version actually worked as Input 4? In the 2014 version of the NFB-28 it clearly worked as such, but as the BNC connector in the NFB-29 is not labelled, I  am not sure about about this...

Thanks in advance.

Feb 22, 2015 at 2:54 AM Post #84 of 137
Few questions. Currently running Shiit bifrost uber and lyr 2. Im looking at an Asgard 2 for solid state amping possibly. I recently bought a cayin c5 and am in love with the sound coming from my x5 with this amp. Question, Does the nfb-29 sound significantly better than bifrost uber / asgard 2 combo? I love the wide 3d soundstage of the cayin c5 and tonal clarity. How does the nfb-29 compare in that respect (soundstage) to a cayin or lyr 2? Lastly, how big is the unit in inches? Looks humongous. I'm looking for a desktop amp or dad/amp combo not a portable. Thank you!

Feb 22, 2015 at 7:04 AM Post #85 of 137
Please answer my question.
When I turn on the NFB-29 in headphones hear a loud click.
Please watch the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qie8VGiKPoc
I'm afraid to damage your headphones.
Owners NFB-29 you have a loud click?
Thanks for the answers.

Feb 22, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #86 of 137
I have noticed that Audio-Gd has come up with a 2015 version of the NFB-29. Since I'm not interested in the I2S input, could any early adopter confirm whether the BNC input on the original version actually worked as Input 4? In the 2014 version of the NFB-28 it clearly worked as such, but as the BNC connector in the NFB-29 is not labelled, I  am not sure about about this...

Thanks in advance.

Sorry to say but I've only used it through it's usb input. (input 1 I think).

:xf_eek:

Feb 22, 2015 at 4:17 PM Post #88 of 137
Hello Savant,

yes input 4 comes out in the display but it only shows the gain type followed by the 4 for the forth input together with the volume level active at the moment. Something like  "HH 420"

beerchug.gif

Feb 22, 2015 at 5:31 PM Post #89 of 137
  Hello Savant,

yes input 4 comes out in the display but it only shows the gain type followed by the 4 for the forth input together with the volume level active at the moment. Something like  "HH 420"

beerchug.gif

Thank you Casper. It would seem that input 4 is not actually associated with the BNC connector, then. It's very likely just an alternative for input 3/Coaxial. 

Best! 
wink_face.gif

Feb 28, 2015 at 5:46 PM Post #90 of 137
hey, its pretty cool to stumble on this thread as not only am I looking at purchasing the nfb-29, but airmotiv 6s's aswell. reading through it seems like I couldn't go wrong but could you give a little more detail on how well this unit works as a preamp and if at all possible your opinion of the airmotivs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back