Audio-GD NFB-2 & NFB-3 Delivery & Impression Thread
Oct 30, 2011 at 11:49 AM Post #1,351 of 1,577
Quote:
Also I had to pay my own shipping back to China, which was an additional $70, which makes it even more frustrating.

Well, I appreciate your frustration with e-mail communications with A-GD, but if it's any comfort to you, detailing your situation here publicly in this thread effectively "escalates" your "trouble ticket."  Kingwa personally monitors this thread, and even links to it from his own website on the NFB-2/3 page (easier to have people praise his product in their own English than him trying to do it himself), so he can't really afford to ignore publicly dissatisfied customers.  Hopefully you will hear from him soon, and we might even see him make one of his periodic personal posts here in this thread. 

Oct 30, 2011 at 7:04 PM Post #1,352 of 1,577
Okay everything seems to be fine now. Heard back from Audio-gd. I think there was a delay in getting a part or something. But my DAC is being shipped out, so I'm satisfied. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 30, 2011 at 8:08 PM Post #1,353 of 1,577

Quote:
Okay everything seems to be fine now. Heard back from Audio-gd. I think there was a delay in getting a part or something. But my DAC is being shipped out, so I'm satisfied. 
smily_headphones1.gif

There is a mistake of me and my mates.
They got back the unit but forgot it at somewhere.
So, if anybody have some matter,  can always email me (king-wa@hotmail.com) for the fastest process and correct the mistake of us , if there is exist.

Oct 31, 2011 at 6:23 PM Post #1,354 of 1,577
Glad to you got things resolved, i had a service issue also and while they wernt as speedy as i would have hoped the situation was resolved.

I have been listening to Diana Krall on both CD and vinyl, at first i thought the vinyl was clearly the winner. But it is amazing how analog this NFB-2 sounds. I am still in love with this DAC after 7 months. The resolution is just outstanding and the bass is very tight, very musical.

Thanks Kingwa!

Nov 2, 2011 at 3:14 PM Post #1,356 of 1,577

Quote:
I decided to give the  BiFrost a chance sacrificing the NFB-2 in the process.

Why not , but if you sacrifice the NFB-2 it means no direct comparaison ? 

I don't think that Bifrost is better or worst than NFB-2 if it is it's only by a small margin and it will be more personnal tastes than anything :p .

But if you enjoy your futur Bifrost it will be great ^^ . 

Nov 4, 2011 at 8:20 PM Post #1,359 of 1,577
Yea I am not expecting much change if any but when curiosity kills the cat, it really really does.  Besides its for the team, I did that to the D1 guys as well but the NFB-2 was a huge step up.

Besides my Lyr is tubed so edging towards more neutrality is a fun thing.

Nov 8, 2011 at 7:24 PM Post #1,360 of 1,577
My guess will be that there will be better synergy between the bifrost and the lyr. At least, it seems to me they would be somewhat voiced against each other.

The NFB-2 seems to be a stellar piece of gear, but two products by the same company should logically pair better than two from separate companies, assuming quality is equal. Although I suspect the NFB2 is of a higher quality stock than the bifrost, if you take into account cost of both (450 vs 450 if you have usb on the bifrost which the nfb-2 has), and assume equal part cost, equal engineering skill; you should be able to assume that more money went towards the bifrost's R&D than the NFB-2; seeing as how the bifrost is new and the nfb-2 is just a successor to the dac19

Hopefully inhouse synergy overcomes the obvious disparity between product values. Plus the asgard might just be designed better plus it's upgradeable so you SHOULD be able to improve upon it down the road, when the NFB-2 becomes old and decrepit you should be able to upgrade your bifrost and get another few years out of it, providing they carry on with it like one would hope from such an offering.

Either way, be sure to let us al know! Also nothing wrong with supporting american made products! Go TEAM USA!

Nov 14, 2011 at 3:19 AM Post #1,362 of 1,577
Moving from a 70$ with a 10$ OPA (OPA2107) to a 450$ DAC, so I'm a bit biased in that it's that much better but...

This thing is sublime.

Attack is way crisper, decay cleaner, sound staging is not humongous, but it's just big enough you get a clear picture, while not being so big that you feel too far away. Everything's so clean. And this DAC definitely adds a ton of warmth. It's very very meaty. And smooth. Hard to believe this thing can both smooth things out AND make attack and decay so much crisper. :O

Dynamic range did go down a bit, but it's an unfortunate side affect I can live with considering all else.

I think the most accurate way to describe it is, clinical but warm. A touch of tube, basically.

Nov 14, 2011 at 1:38 PM Post #1,364 of 1,577
Hey, I am thinking about pullig the trigger on a 3.1.

Any issues with shipping/customs to the US?  Which shipping firm should I go with?  DHL is supposed to be faster, but have more of an issue with customs.

Any comments on the cables?  I was thinking about going with the BNC to RCA if it makes a difference.

Nov 14, 2011 at 2:18 PM Post #1,365 of 1,577

Quote:
considering my headphone and HPA, I just bought up the clarity and resolution slightly.  Now a just right, and not too much of a good thing =3

I'm glad our deal worked out well for both of us.

Quote:
Hey, I am thinking about pullig the trigger on a 3.1.

Any issues with shipping/customs to the US?  Which shipping firm should I go with?  DHL is supposed to be faster, but have more of an issue with customs.

Any comments on the cables?  I was thinking about going with the BNC to RCA if it makes a difference.

When I ordered from little dot, everything came through just fine. Mine was shipped via DHL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back