Audio-GD NFB-2 & NFB-3 Delivery & Impression Thread
Jun 9, 2011 at 1:17 AM Post #1,021 of 1,577

Quote:
I paid eur32, which is quite OK IMO.
Hope you don't have to wait to long!

Ok that amount is not to much
We'll see what customs thinks this time, pff after 1 day the wait is already too long 
wink.gif

Jun 9, 2011 at 1:34 AM Post #1,022 of 1,577
For an electrical Neanderthal like myself, can you explain the difference in sending a signal via a voltage-based interface, compared to a current-based?  How does the conversion to current from voltage, in relation to this method of signal transfer, work?

Quote:

ACSS uses a current based connection instead of a voltage connection such as RCA (or XLR). There are some benefits:
  1. transistors are basically current-amplifiers, a current based interface makes better use of transistor behaviour.
  2. a current based connection is less susceptible to cable influence because cable capacitance is not influencing the transfer characteristic.
  3. lower noise sensitivity due to very low input/output impedance.

The biggest limitation of the application of this technology is that it is not standardized. You can only connect an Audio-GD current based interface between Audio-GD equipment.

And of course the marketing bloat has some benefit to manufacturers.

Does this dumb it down enough?

Jun 9, 2011 at 3:55 AM Post #1,023 of 1,577
Audio-GD is not replying emails again? They said they;d ship my NFB-2 within the week and I sure hope they can deliver.

The wait's been too long (for me).

Jun 9, 2011 at 12:44 PM Post #1,024 of 1,577

Quote:
Audio-GD is not replying emails again? They said they;d ship my NFB-2 within the week and I sure hope they can deliver.

The wait's been too long (for me).

Sometime the emails don't make it through........who knows where they go. Try again. You should see the NFB-2 fairly soon (not to worry in other words). Check the consignment page at the A-gd website on Saturday (they ship on Saturdays AFAIK)

Peete.

Jun 9, 2011 at 4:24 PM Post #1,028 of 1,577
Quote:
For an electrical Neanderthal like myself, can you explain the difference in sending a signal via a voltage-based interface, compared to a current-based?  How does the conversion to current from voltage, in relation to this method of signal transfer, work?

There's a pretty good explanation in this thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/483899/review-of-the-audio-gd-dac-19-dsp-c2-amp-the-acss-connection#post_6567984

Jun 10, 2011 at 8:29 AM Post #1,029 of 1,577
Hi,

I was on the page 32 of this thread when i received my C2.1.
I had actually ordered a C2.1 with the Sun & Moon Op amp plus a NFB-2 with new ACSS cables.

The shipment came with only C2.1 and the 2 op-amp, and was told later that NFB-2 will be shipped later.
My happy smiling face turn to saddness the moment I opened the packageing.

The c2.1 was slightly crushed on both side and volume knob off its axis, if looking from the top view of the C2.1 , it will look slanted to one side.
Send a email to Edwin and he requested that I try to straightened it myself............

Anyway to shorten the story... I would like to seek advise ...
Should I sent the unit back??? after a couple of email exchange, Edwin requested that I ship it back.
  Somehow, I dont think they will sent me a new unit.. instead they would just test it and return to me, if no fault.

So any advice or experience with shipping part back....

Jun 10, 2011 at 2:47 PM Post #1,031 of 1,577

A little off topic.  Just ordered the NFB-10WM and hopefully it will arrive within weeks not months.

Quote:
As far as delivery, I'm coming up on 6 weeks this Monday.  Still waiting.  
popcorn.gif

Jun 11, 2011 at 12:24 AM Post #1,032 of 1,577
Hi  again,

Pls note that i am posting not to complain about Audio-gd although their service definitely need some overhauling.
And i would like to correct the word 'crushed", more like 1 side is dented and the oother side had a pointed objected forced onto the casing.

Just like to know what implication .... when I ship my C2.1 with the damaged op-amp back???
Although i had straightened the volum knob, I am not sure that volume controller is functioning properly... which I feared.
i had not even fired the C2.1 fearing that some loose part will cause more damge. there is now a loose object, I believe is sliding at the bottom of the pcb.
I have no qualm is removing the pcb to take a look but decided again it. 

Their warranty claim  [size=x-small]http://www.audio-gd.com/GuaranteeEN.htm[/size]

And also the cost of shipping back.......
[size=x-small]"please note that we will only refund shipping cost equal to what the customer had initially paid us for shipping the gears to them when placing the order.'[/size]

[size=x-small]I personally think Audio-gd should absorp the cost seem the unit was damaged before it reached my home..[/size]

Jun 11, 2011 at 5:30 AM Post #1,034 of 1,577
We find Singapore custom workers like to shatter the goods.
Usually had 15% had shatter when arrive Singapore customers hand.
In fact customers can ask the DHL return max USD800 money but no one do that.

But other countries only had around than 1% will shatter .

Jun 11, 2011 at 9:04 AM Post #1,035 of 1,577
Hi all,

after lurking for a month the forums (and this thread) I decided to show up :p

So, I decided to buy an Audio-GD NFB-2 due to the great reviews it has got here, I'm about to order it as now I don't have money on my paypal and I'm going to recharge it on monday.

My setup will be:

Asus eeeBox
NFB-2
Rotel RA-04SE
Castle Conway 3

Can't wait! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back