Audio-GD NFB-2 & NFB-3 Delivery & Impression Thread
Jun 3, 2011 at 9:16 AM Post #1,010 of 1,577
They have them in stock right now

Jun 4, 2011 at 12:48 PM Post #1,011 of 1,577
I originally planned to read all 68 pages before placing the order, but I gave up and order a NFB-3 yesterday  =) 
Thanks for all the information from everyone so I can decided between NFB-2 or NFB-3, and I also order the DIR9001 module to compared. 

Yes, Edwin said he can ship it next week.  It seems they have it in stock.

Jun 7, 2011 at 9:57 AM Post #1,013 of 1,577
Curious about one thing guys. Switched to coaxial S/PDIF out from my motherboard to the NFB-3 today. However my PC doesn't seem to detect the NFB-3, with only the default playback devices listed (Realtek Digital Output) .

Similarly on foobar2000, the NFB-3 doesn't seem to be detected via S/PDIF, with only the default outputs listed. I picked Realtek Digital Output (Optical) as my output on foobar2000 and I can hear my music. Is this supposed to be how the coaxial S/PDIF thing works? I can't help but feel that something is wrong here.

Jun 7, 2011 at 11:16 AM Post #1,014 of 1,577
biggrin.gif

SPDIF connection is not bidirectional.

This means your computer just "plays" digital music data into SPDIF output without getting any feedback where this data goes and what is connected to the other part of SPDIF cable. You might as well disconnect your SPDIF cable from NFB-3 and computer would just keep "playing".

Do not worry - your gear is OK. SPDIF "works this way".

Jun 7, 2011 at 3:48 PM Post #1,015 of 1,577
mmmh after reading all the pages about the NFB2/3 I ordered a NFB2 today
According to the website it should be in stock...

Keeping my fingers crossed, and hoping not to pay to much at the dutch customs 
redface.gif

Perhaps I'm Lucky and I'll receive it quickly I really hope so

Jun 7, 2011 at 4:07 PM Post #1,016 of 1,577
Just got my NFB-2 today hooked it up to the Lyr and the MacBook pro with the optic link out to my 650's. I think I'm set for a while :) Can some one dumb down what ACSS really is compared to RCA? Thanks

Jun 7, 2011 at 5:29 PM Post #1,018 of 1,577

Quote:
Just got my NFB-2 today hooked it up to the Lyr and the MacBook pro with the optic link out to my 650's. I think I'm set for a while
smily_headphones1.gif
Can some one dumb down what ACSS really is compared to RCA? Thanks

ACSS uses a current based connection instead of a voltage connection such as RCA (or XLR). There are some benefits:
  1. transistors are basically current-amplifiers, a current based interface makes better use of transistor behaviour.
  2. a current based connection is less susceptible to cable influence because cable capacitance is not influencing the transfer characteristic.
  3. lower noise sensitivity due to very low input/output impedance.

The biggest limitation of the application of this technology is that it is not standardized. You can only connect an Audio-GD current based interface between Audio-GD equipment.

And of course the marketing bloat has some benefit to manufacturers.

Does this dumb it down enough?

Jun 7, 2011 at 5:31 PM Post #1,019 of 1,577

Quote:
mmmh after reading all the pages about the NFB2/3 I ordered a NFB2 today
According to the website it should be in stock...

Keeping my fingers crossed, and hoping not to pay to much at the dutch customs 
redface.gif

Perhaps I'm Lucky and I'll receive it quickly I really hope so

I paid eur32, which is quite OK IMO.
Hope you don't have to wait to long!

Jun 8, 2011 at 12:02 AM Post #1,020 of 1,577

ACSS uses a current based connection instead of a voltage connection such as RCA (or XLR). There are some benefits:
  1. transistors are basically current-amplifiers, a current based interface makes better use of transistor behaviour.
  2. a current based connection is less susceptible to cable influence because cable capacitance is not influencing the transfer characteristic.
  3. lower noise sensitivity due to very low input/output impedance.

The biggest limitation of the application of this technology is that it is not standardized. You can only connect an Audio-GD current based interface between Audio-GD equipment.

And of course the marketing bloat has some benefit to manufacturers.

Does this dumb it down enough?

Thanks I get it now.

I picked my unit Up on the for sale forum here shipped and received in 5 days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back