Audio-GD NFB-2 & NFB-3 Delivery & Impression Thread
May 30, 2011 at 7:38 PM Post #991 of 1,577
Quote:
Week 3? That's pretty long. It only took 1 week for DHL Hong Kong to receive the package info and for me to receive the tracking number. And for a moment I thought that Audio-gd  had upped their standards.

Yeah, I thought so too when I'd ordered.  May was the month Kingwa said things would turn around.

I'm not in any hurry though, I'm still waiting on an RMA for my 5LEs, and of course, for some disposable income to use towards a Lyr.  

Been rigless for a month and half already now, a little longer can't hurt.  
ksc75smile.gif

May 30, 2011 at 9:02 PM Post #992 of 1,577

Quote:
Never imagined I would say this, but the NFB-3 actually makes my DT990s sound like a 'neutral' pair of headphones. I do not know why. Some of the bass 'slam' is lost, but I appreciate the superior level of detail. Sibilance is mostly gone. I wonder what I could do to bring the 'slam' back though. 

spekkio, did you order the DIR9001 along with your nfb-3 or  was it the WM8805 ?

lossing a bit of bass slam? hmmm... not what i read about impressions with nfb-3/2

May 31, 2011 at 1:21 AM Post #993 of 1,577
I have a question that I hope someone here can answer. When I recieve my NFB-3 I will still use my current soundcard (Essence STX).
How do I connect the STX with the NFB-3?

Here is a picture of my outputs on the STX (the one to the right is S/PDIF?)
http://th00.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2010/047/0/0/Asus_Xonar_Essence_STX_by_VictorCS.jpg

Can I use some cable to go from that output into the opt or coaxial on the NFB-3? Do I need an adapter?

I am very very new at this, and any help is greatly appreciated!

May 31, 2011 at 1:33 AM Post #994 of 1,577

Quote:
I have a question that I hope someone here can answer. When I recieve my NFB-3 I will still use my current soundcard (Essence STX).
How do I connect the STX with the NFB-3?

Here is a picture of my outputs on the STX (the one to the right is S/PDIF?)
http://th00.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2010/047/0/0/Asus_Xonar_Essence_STX_by_VictorCS.jpg

Can I use some cable to go from that output into the opt or coaxial on the NFB-3? Do I need an adapter?

I am very very new at this, and any help is greatly appreciated!

Run a coaxial cable from the s/pdif out on the stx to the nfb-3.

May 31, 2011 at 2:45 AM Post #996 of 1,577
May 31, 2011 at 2:48 AM Post #997 of 1,577
There should be a short (~1m) coax spdif cable included with your NFB3, as well as optical & USB cables. Before spending money on cables, I'd try and compare the sound you get from coax/optical/USB inputs, choose your preferred input and then buy a cable if you still feel the need for it.

Quote:
Its that simple? Awesome, thank you!  
I guess something like this would work then: http://www.netonnet.se/art/ljud-och-musik/kabel-och-kontakt/koaxial-kabel/hq-1xrca-1xrca15m/103852.3175/

Is there any reason for me to spend more then 15$ on the cable?

May 31, 2011 at 4:15 AM Post #999 of 1,577

Quote:
spekkio, did you order the DIR9001 along with your nfb-3 or  was it the WM8805 ?

lossing a bit of bass slam? hmmm... not what i read about impressions with nfb-3/2

Bass is more rounded and compact with the NFB3, bass still is good and punchy. Less slam? maybe, I think it's just more refined, detailed and less bloated.
On my headphones that's great as they have slam enough (990/600) but its very noticable with my speaker setup

May 31, 2011 at 11:27 AM Post #1,000 of 1,577
Hmm. I agree. Now that I've got used to it, I do agree that the bass extends much deeper. It's smooth (full?) and yet detailed at the same time. Matches the crazy treble (which is now very much tamed) of the DT990s very well.

I ordered the DIR9001. I haven't opened it up to verify that it really is a DIR9001 though.

Jun 1, 2011 at 1:34 AM Post #1,003 of 1,577

Quote:
Hmm. I agree. Now that I've got used to it, I do agree that the bass extends much deeper. It's smooth (full?) and yet detailed at the same time. Matches the crazy treble (which is now very much tamed) of the DT990s very well.

I ordered the DIR9001. I haven't opened it up to verify that it really is a DIR9001 though.

Might as well check to see if you have the DIR9001 module installed.

Quote:
Never imagined I would say this, but the NFB-3 actually makes my DT990s sound like a 'neutral' pair of headphones. I do not know why. Some of the bass 'slam' is lost, but I appreciate the superior level of detail. Sibilance is mostly gone. I wonder what I could do to bring the 'slam' back though. 

How many hours do you have on your NFB 3 ? It'll take a while for the bass to reach full maturity (roughly 350 hours...100 hrs factory burn in plus 250 hrs additional ). Give it a couple of weeks and then report back.

Peete.

Jun 2, 2011 at 11:08 AM Post #1,004 of 1,577
Just wanted to share my experience so far, which is great. Ordered my unit on the 30th of May, it shipped on the 31th of May and today on the second of june the package has been released from customs in Sweden. Just amazing!

Will get back with my impressions once I recieve and have listened to it!

Jun 2, 2011 at 11:13 AM Post #1,005 of 1,577

Quote:
Just wanted to share my experience so far, which is great. Ordered my unit on the 30th of May, it shipped on the 31th of May and today on the second of june the package has been released from customs in Sweden. Just amazing!

Will get back with my impressions once I recieve and have listened to it!

NFB-3?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back