Audio-GD NFB-2 & NFB-3 Delivery & Impression Thread
Mar 15, 2011 at 2:28 PM Post #557 of 1,577
No worries, i have been using it for about 3 weeks and it sounds allot better then when i first got it. There was some grainyness in the highs that went away and also it sounds more detailed. There's about 350 hours needed for burn in and even more for higher end audio-gd gear, atleast that's what i read around here.

It also opened up considerably when i switched from usb to coax, i've ordered a digital interface to make it even better and also get rid of a groundloop problem. 

Quote:
Sorry. My bad. The gain switch is on the C2 & C2.1.

Another question, how long have you been using the NFB-2? What is the recommended burn-in time?

Mar 15, 2011 at 2:37 PM Post #558 of 1,577

Quote:
Hi,

I have the same setup. I see you have them stacked. Any problems with heat build-up or humming?

VInylman

No problems with heat build up here, nor humming. Although I can hear background noise (with no music playing) once I turn the pot to 12 o'clock position. But I never play music any higher than 9 o'clock.

Mar 15, 2011 at 2:46 PM Post #559 of 1,577

Quote:
No worries, i have been using it for about 3 weeks and it sounds allot better then when i first got it. There was some grainyness in the highs that went away and also it sounds more detailed. There's about 350 hours needed for burn in and even more for higher end audio-gd gear, atleast that's what i read around here.

It also opened up considerably when i switched from usb to coax, i've ordered a digital interface to make it even better and also get rid of a groundloop problem. 

That's good to hear, since I don't think I can hear a difference between my setup and my iBasso D4 yet. I've only logged about 20-30 hours on it so far, so I'm hoping it will get better.

Mar 15, 2011 at 5:23 PM Post #560 of 1,577
Anybody heard from Edwin or Kingwa recently?  I have been trying to get an order status since Friday and haven't gotten a response yet.  I placed an order for an NFB-3 on Jan 14 and it still hasn't shipped, I am starting to get nervous.

-Derek

Mar 15, 2011 at 6:35 PM Post #561 of 1,577
Anybody heard from Edwin or Kingwa recently?  I have been trying to get an order status since Friday and haven't gotten a response yet.  I placed an order for an NFB-3 on Jan 14 and it still hasn't shipped, I am starting to get nervous.

-Derek

I was excited that my NFB-3 was about to be shipped, but then Edwin sent me another e-mail that it wasn't. I really appreciate Kingwa's design genius, but this is no way to do international business, IMHO. I am left to wonder if my NFB-3 (or Middachten's NFB-2 for that matter) was really on the burn-in bench. If they were, there is nothing left to do but ship them, and if they really weren't being burned in, well, Edwin shouldn't be telling paid customers that they were.

Littletree76 acknowledges the skilled labor shortage that Kingwa is apparently dealing with, but still. If this is the best Audio-gd can do in terms of order fulfillment, if and when I want to buy a C-2.1 headamp or Digitial Interface, I'm not sending them my funds via PayPal until they can commit to a shipping date in advance and then adhere to it. I am sensitive to the inventory problems small manufacturers everywhere face, but this seems to be more a matter of poor customer communications than anything else.

Mar 15, 2011 at 7:18 PM Post #562 of 1,577

Quote:
I was excited that my NFB-3 was about to be shipped, but then Edwin sent me another e-mail that it wasn't. I really appreciate Kingwa's design genius, but this is no way to do international business, IMHO. I am left to wonder if my NFB-3 (or Middachten's NFB-2 for that matter) was really on the burn-in bench. If they were, there is nothing left to do but ship them, and if they really weren't being burned in, well, Edwin shouldn't be telling paid customers that they were.

Littletree76 acknowledges the skilled labor shortage that Kingwa is apparently dealing with, but still. If this is the best Audio-gd can do in terms of order fulfillment, if and when I want to buy a C-2.1 headamp or Digitial Interface, I'm not sending them my funds via PayPal until they can commit to a shipping date in advance and then adhere to it. I am sensitive to the inventory problems small manufacturers everywhere face, but this seems to be more a matter of poor customer communications than anything else.

Definitely agree with your last point.  I am quite patient with most things, and especially when buying custom or built-to-order items, things happen.  When I first started to ask about my order status (about 3 weeks ago), I got relatively quick responses.  But this recent trend of no responses to my emails has made me nervous.  And there is nothing on their website to indicate a potential delay.  If you go to their product status, it says the NFB-3 is in stock.  Of course it hasn't been updated since Jan 10.  

I continue to hope that this a short-term blip and it will work out soon, but they could do a better job of keeping customers informed. 

Mar 15, 2011 at 7:28 PM Post #563 of 1,577
I have been trying to figure out this communication issue, and I think there is a very good likelihood of disappearing emails for audio-gd. I don't want to get into politics though, look into it yourself if you want. But aside from that, I think there still are problems with emails that DO make it through.

I totally understand what people mean when they say they have miscommunication with audio-gd. My last two orders have been whacked out, first of the two was missing a dsp-3 module and mcu's and ic's to fix my fbi-500's volume control. I also got a tenor chip module in the first order but I have no idea how to insert it into my ref 3 :D, I get the feeling it's for the DI and not the ref 3 but I'll ask them for instructions just in case it is the right one. In the second order which I just received today, free acss cables and I BELIEVE they may have accidentally sent me a whole ref 1 digital circuit board (not just the dsp-1 module). From my communications with Kingwa, I believe he just wanted to send me a few components to solder on my dac9mk3's psu to prevent it from going silent when switching inputs, a very mild problem which I didn't even encounter yet, not something that justifies an entire new digital board o_O My god!

The free acss cables I will pay them back for, but not really sure what I'm going to do with the digital board. I think either way, if it was an accident or if Kingwa really wanted to send me a whole digital board to combat a tiny problem, I have to send back the digital board. I know you guys ordering non-custom products probably aren't getting as weird experiences as me, but I think from what I read, there is a very clear issue in communication. I hope audio-gd figures things out, right now I'm a little afraid to contact them because they might send me another digital board *** -_-.

Mar 15, 2011 at 8:30 PM Post #564 of 1,577
I am sorry who send email without reply, please send again to  king-wa@hotmail.com.

I am total understand their mind while without reply.

We have increase up to 140% workers amount than last year. But the new workers want two months study so they can't help us now. I won't increase the produce but increase the problems of the products.

Hopefully they can join our produce team at early April and we can have products stock.

Mar 15, 2011 at 8:52 PM Post #565 of 1,577

Quote:
I am sorry who send email without reply, please send again to  king-wa@hotmail.com.

I am total understand their mind while without reply.

We have increase up to 140% workers amount than last year. But the new workers want two months study so they can't help us now. I won't increase the produce but increase the problems of the products.

Hopefully they can join our produce team at early April and we can have products stock.

Thanks for responding Kingwa.  I just sent you an email to the above address.

-Derek

Mar 15, 2011 at 9:13 PM Post #567 of 1,577

Well maybe it's an idea to burn it in for a few days, also it takes about an hour after power on to get to optimum sound quality. I think playing music affects the warm up time but i'm not 100% convinced.
Quote:

That's good to hear, since I don't think I can hear a difference between my setup and my iBasso D4 yet. I've only logged about 20-30 hours on it so far, so I'm hoping it will get better.

Mar 15, 2011 at 9:34 PM Post #568 of 1,577

Quote:
I check the mail and find although replied the email the the delivery had fault. So I asked my mates must check the mail box every day if any reply had delivery fault. Thanks who help us improved our serve.

Email issues aside, I would like to say thanks to Kingwa for responding so quickly to my post here, I certainly wasn't expecting him to.  And I was able to get my question answered (NFB-3 shipped yesterday).

-Derek

Mar 15, 2011 at 11:21 PM Post #569 of 1,577
Kingwa emailed me and let me know the digital board was a mistake and he would send me another order with the right thing.

If you can't get a response from audio-gd or think Edwin might be misunderstanding, be sure to try Kingwa's hotmail address, or complain on an audio-gd thread which doesn't suffer from missing email syndrome :p.

Mar 15, 2011 at 11:44 PM Post #570 of 1,577
 Edwin, he is a funny funny man.  On another note, I would only suggest kingwa scrutinize the soldering job a little more.  I mean the more delicate solders~  The mainboard is ok..  On another note does anyone know the exact screw size? I pwned a screw.

Besides that the unit is a dream~ have no complaints about it.  I wish I could give sound sig comparisons with my old dac, besides the brief analysis but my headphones have changed radically between point A and Point B.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back