Audio-GD NFB-2 & NFB-3 Delivery & Impression Thread
Feb 9, 2011 at 3:09 PM Post #426 of 1,577

Quote:
Change to WM8805 just for 192KHz SPDIF support, ago we offer the DIR9001 as default and the WM8805 or CS8416 as a free option when order, some lot customers like to choice the WM8805 or CS8416.
But we still quite flexible, who want change to DIR9001 just free while order .
The Last, the WM8805 sound beat the CS8416 in my mind, closed flavor but detail is clearer.

Thanks for the reply.  But what about your agents?  I believe that Amp City only offer it with WM8805 .

Feb 9, 2011 at 4:01 PM Post #427 of 1,577
You can do a custom order via Amp City, it´ll just take a while to arrive in the next batch. I´m sure they can supply customized gear too. Audio-gd has been very open regarding modifications. All my gear has had at least some changes at the factory :)

Feb 9, 2011 at 6:37 PM Post #429 of 1,577
I have the exact same question as Nick.  I have ordered one from Pacific Valve and am assuming that the 8805 is standard.  However, due to some recent comments I am wondering if the DIR9001 is the better performer.  I would like to know quickly in case I need to modify my order with Pacific Valve.  I like "smooth" sound BUT, not if it just rolls off the other information on the disc.  If the DIR is "rougher" then I will stick with the 8805.  I don't want smooth at the expense of natural resolution.  Look forward to your reply Kingwa and thank you for participating in this thread.   

Feb 9, 2011 at 7:24 PM Post #430 of 1,577
Other posters have said not to worry if you read earlier posts on the topic in this thread.  It shouldnt be the HUGE effect as posted earlier in this thread.

Quote:
I have the exact same question as Nick.  I have ordered one from Pacific Valve and am assuming that the 8805 is standard.  However, due to some recent comments I am wondering if the DIR9001 is the better performer.  I would like to know quickly in case I need to modify my order with Pacific Valve.  I like "smooth" sound BUT, not if it just rolls off the other information on the disc.  If the DIR is "rougher" then I will stick with the 8805.  I don't want smooth at the expense of natural resolution.  Look forward to your reply Kingwa and thank you for participating in this thread.   

Feb 9, 2011 at 7:44 PM Post #431 of 1,577
Other posters did not have both modules at the same time and can very easily swap between them.  The WM8805 sounds much too "smooth", you lose all details!  I am not just trolling here and will answer all questions asked.  DIR9001 installed, WM8805 on foam block.
Th

Quote:
Other posters have said not to worry if you read earlier posts on the topic in this thread.  It shouldnt be the HUGE effect as posted earlier in this thread.

Quote:

Feb 9, 2011 at 8:43 PM Post #432 of 1,577
mas,
You seemed to have just stepped to an extreme with the quote "you lose all details."  I am under the impression that the detail is there but less edgy or possibly clear at the worst.  You do have a unique advantage in having both modules at the ready and your phones seem to be pretty good.  How many other cd's, albums have you listened to?  Does the sound still seem less clear.  Care to give us a 1-10 scale for comparison on how the two receivers shake out maybe in different areas of sound (bass, treble, midrange, ambience, vocals, complex music).  Anyway, I appreciate you offering some needed insight on the dac and its receiver chips, but a little more thorough analysis would be a good thing.

Feb 9, 2011 at 9:05 PM Post #433 of 1,577
This~normally extreme differences are a tad exaggerated.  But I understand differences must exist.  Not trying to say your a troll but your making large claims of headphone proportions.

Still for $22 I wouldnt mind giving it a whirl when my new headphones come in eventually.

Quote:
mas,
You seemed to have just stepped to an extreme with the quote "you lose all details."  I am under the impression that the detail is there but less edgy or possibly clear at the worst.  You do have a unique advantage in having both modules at the ready and your phones seem to be pretty good.  How many other cd's, albums have you listened to?  Does the sound still seem less clear.  Care to give us a 1-10 scale for comparison on how the two receivers shake out maybe in different areas of sound (bass, treble, midrange, ambience, vocals, complex music).  Anyway, I appreciate you offering some needed insight on the dac and its receiver chips, but a little more thorough analysis would be a good thing.

Feb 9, 2011 at 9:25 PM Post #435 of 1,577

Thank you so much for checking! It is really appreciated that you have a personal presence on the forum.
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks for the reply Kingwa. 
I know that the USB input does not support 88.2 khz due to the Tenor USB chip, however does the DAC (W/ DIR9001) support 88.2 khz over S/PDIF?

Had test, can process 88.2KHz .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back